You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Heightens Energy and Focus
- Reduces Lactic Acid Levels
- Volumizes Muscle Cells To Create A Pumped Look
Taurine is a type of amino acid that is considered semi-essential. This means that it is produced in small quantities by the body, however it is still required to be supplemented through some dietary means every once in a while. It is found very often in energy drinks such as Monster, highly processed iced coffee drinks, and Red Bull. Taurine is useful in dealing with muscle gain and muscle reactions making it a popular supplement for athletes.
If there is not enough Taurine in the body, this can cause levels of nitric oxide to be raised, which, if at a high enough level, can cause blood flow and flow of oxygen through the blood to be significantly stymied in their travel to the muscles. Taurine is derived from the reaction between Methionine and Cysteine when they become synthesized together.
Taurine does not only add to muscle mass though, it also transports certain nutrients through the cell wall such as Calcium, Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium. This keeps each individual cell healthy by electrically stabilizing the outer membrane using just the right amount of nutrients. Taurine allows for extra nerve impulses which better regulates muscle usage and keeps the level of ions located within a cell at a more acceptable level.
Taurine affects the brain in such a way that it is useful to both the nervous system and the functioning of the heart too. Chenodeoxychloic Acid, one of the types of bile found in the stomach with the most abundance is made up of Taurine as a chief component. This means that in a sense, Taurine is also indirectly important in breaking down fats to be used by the body ads energy. It is necessary for this type of bile to be present in order for the body to absorb vitamins which have been dissolved into fatty solutions. Thus, Taurine is a necessary amino acid in that it allows for the digestion of fat soluble vitamins.
Taurine is typically associated with energy drinks but also has many natural sources including meat and fish, dairy products, and brewer’s yeast. Taurine is not protein integrated, making it one of the free amino acids which comes in higher quantities in the body.
Health Benefits Provided by Taurine
Taurine is easily dissolved in water and is able to neutralize specific molecules which eventually result in the genesis of free radicals, molecules which damage the healthy cells in the body. In this sense it has antioxidant capabilities. Taurine is in fact very useful to the immune system, so much so that when someone is suffering from a deficiency of Taurine, the immune system is greatly weakened. Taurine is found in its highest concentrations in the white blood cells. Taurine does not only aid in immune system performance though, it also helps detoxify the body, and it helps to promote the integrity of cellular structures. This amino acid keeps calcium levels in the body regulated too. Athletes like to use Taurine because it keeps stamina up by reducing the pain felt after exercise and also, functioning very similar to Creatine, allows muscles to stay directly hydrated, adding to their overall volume.
Serving Size & Timing
It is suggested that this Taurine supplement be taken in servings of 500mg twice a day depending on intended effect.
Supplement FactsServing size: 500 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 500mg (rounded 1/8 tsp) two times a day, or as directed by physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
There are no fillers present in this compound.
Taurine Side Effects
As long as suggested serving sizes are adhered to, risk of side effects is unlikely. However, Taurine should not be consumed by women who are nursing or pregnant.
This product is known to be very water soluble and can be mixed with juice or tea. It has a sour flavor to it and is colorless. This product should be stored in an area that is free from light, heat, and moisture in order to preserve potency of the compound and prevent degradation from occurring.
very pleased with the service of bulk supps
this is a repeat order of taurine ,originally to compliment beta alanine. I find it gives me a calming effect, especially with the caffeine loaded preworkouts I consume.
On 10/28/2014 john said...
- the first day i got it. i took a doses and also L-tyrosine , i workout normally but i feel more focused and the pump was incredible, i can feel my muscles full of blood and my skin about to rip it off. im very happy with my purchase. thumps up.
On 10/1/2014 Jose Alva said...
- Easy to mix in a pre-workout shake. Gives energy and drive. I love it. 1kg will last for a while.
On 9/28/2014 Natalia said...
I lift early in the morning and normally start to crash at about 10am while at work. Not so since I added this to my stack. No buzz, no jitter... I just feel calm but alert.
Again, BulkSupp can't be beat for quickness of delivery or from the quality of their supplements.
Ordered Taurine to take with Beta Alanine as well.
On 9/26/2014 Brian W said...
- Ordered this product primarily for eye health. A little soon to know if it is working, but we keep trying. Mixes well for liposomal.
On 9/25/2014 Carole said...
- Ordered bulk Taurine powder and the quality was great. Fast shipping and great customer service. Will be a customer again.
On 8/19/2014 Ryan said...
- mixes great, fully dissolves, tasteless. highly recommend.
On 8/11/2014 meg said...
- Great quality, get me focused and gives me a good pump.
On 7/16/2014 Peter said...
- Great customer service! Ordered several products here. Everything was delivered smoothly and on time. Enjoyed the Taurine powder, no aftertaste and dissolved quickly. Will continue to shop here again for my bulk powders I need to prepare for half marathon training. Thanks, guys!
On 6/10/2014 H said...
- Great product and quality. Used in the evening to promote relaxation, and also to aid with Beta Alanine use.
On 5/5/2014 thb said...
- Taurine, a typical ingredient in red bull, goes well with caffeine. I do not need all the sugar or fake sugar and funky bite that comes with red bull but this plus bulk supplements pure caffeine powder is an awesome alternative with extremely similar effects. Occasionally I also stack a small dose of Bulk Supplements L-Theanine. Great Product all around.
On 4/29/2014 John said...
- So, I use Taurine because I supplement Beta Alanine and for some extra muscle cell volumization properties. All in all, this powder mixes quite easily. And the effects are noticeable. It is a staple in my training days supplementation.
On 4/26/2014 zac said...
BulkSupplements offers a really nice quality Taurine powder which is milled to a very fine consistency and has very little taste to it. It dissolves instantly in any liquid and comes in an easily resealable pouch which assures extended potency and freshness.
Taurine is a great, inexpensive amino acid with many valuable properties. I had a heart attack followed by a stroke a few years ago and have taken Taurine daily ever since because it 1) potentiates my anti-spasm medication 2) helps control my hypertension 3) can help prevent another stroke 4) strengthens, helps regulate and stabilizes my heart muscles and function [it makes up over 50% of the free amino acids in the heart] and 5) has antifibrotic effects which can help prevent blood clots. It has many other benefits in addition and I think anyone who has had a heart attack or stroke – or who may be in danger of having one - should be supplementing with Taurine.
On 4/22/2014 ARTHUR said...
- I have used this mostly as a post workout item for its help with muscle fatigue during and post workout. During it is hard to tell, but post it helps a lot. I read it is also good for calming effects and as a sleep aid. I have seen some effects. Size is excellent. 250grams will last a while even if you up the dosage or take it 3 times a day.
On 4/14/2014 Kevin said...
- Packaging of my order was great! It came in just 2 days! I train in power lifting and I have a tendency of having lower back pumps naturally that are brutal during a deadlift session. Heard a lot of about taurine and thought I would give it a try. First time taking it, I had had no lower back pumps at all. Besides the one problem it took care of, it also gave me a deeper focus during training and a bit more energy. I've taken alot of pre workouts before but just taking Taurine gave me clean energy, not like the old school ingredients like 1,3 dimeth. This place rocks! They have great prices and this will be the place Ill be ordering from now on!
On 4/13/2014 Carlos said...
- Added this to my post-workout stack and it appears as if it lessens my soreness.
On 4/10/2014 Bob said...
- The taurine is the smallest size you can order and it has 500 doses. Wow pure taurine that has almost no taste to it. You can not go wrong with any product from here. Fast delivery and great prices.
On 3/29/2014 Steve said...
- Recieved this 2 days ago. It is almost tastless and melts in your mouth. The small size (250 G) has 500 doses in it so if you take it 2 times a day then it will last 8 months. Great price and low shipping cost. Love the company. Taurine is needed to help get magnesium into the cells better.
On 3/27/2014 Steve said...
- I have been taking Taurine for years. It is good for calming nerves and muscle pain, also helping me sleep. I have Fibromyalgia, and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. My Doctor has me on a regime of amino acids and supplements. I like the purity of the product, and not paying for fillers.
On 3/19/2014 Dorene said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.