You have no items in your shopping cart.
Rutin powder is a type of flavonoid that gives certain plants their color. It also possesses the abilities of an antioxidant.
As the body is unable to produce Rutin on its own, it must be supplemented through dietary means. When taken with Vitamin C, bioflavonoids increase in efficiency and effectiveness. Rutin can be found in a variety of different sources, including red apples, tea, green leafy veggies, citrus fruits and onions.
Serving Size & Timing
It is recommended that Rutin be taken in servings of 650mg (just under 1/4 tsp) once per day, depending on intended effect. It is also recommended that Rutin be taken along with Vitamin C, as the two can support one another and increase the effectiveness of each.
Supplement FactsServing size: 650 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Rutin powder... 650mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 650mg (scant 1/4 tsp) once daily, or as directed by a physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF RUTIN
This powder is considered pharmaceutical grade and contains no extraneous fillers of any kind. It is taken from the Japanese pagoda tree and is not very soluble in water.
RUTIN SIDE EFFECTS
As long as suggested serving sizes are adhered to, risk of experiencing any negative side effects are low. However, taking too much of the cheaper variety may result in diarrhea. Some other (admittedly rare) side effects include stiffness of muscles, light-headedness, increased heart rate, headache, minor gastrointestinal discomfort and fatigue.
Some people can be allergic to Rutin. The symptoms that are associated with allergic reaction include skin rash, pain in the chest, respiratory issues and swelling. The possibility of taking this supplement should always be discussed with a doctor beforehand.
This product should be stored in an area that is free from light, heat and moisture in order for it to preserve its potency.
My father told me about this supplement many years ago with respect to hemorrhoid relief. Within the first two days of taking this I could tell a difference!!! Truly amazing! *
On 10/8/2016 Lora said...
On 5/7/2016 Sharon said...
Fast shipping ! great quality ! I like that there is nothing added just pure product! I will be ordering from you again. Thank you.*
On 4/23/2016 Linda said...
Having taken this Rutin for only a few days, can't give any specific details, but have big hopes for improvements in my circulation, cholesterol, LDL cholesterol & arthritis.
Thanks again for quick prompt service BS & great pricing.*
On 2/29/2016 Selena said...
Wonderful product......and excellent purity!*
On 2/27/2016 Carl said...
My cat was recently diagnosed with Chylothorax. The vet told me the condition is treated with surgery (price range $5-6k) which I definitely can't afford. They said my cat was terminal. I was devastated. They didn't even tell me about "Rutin therapy". I found out about it after doing some research. Apparently Rutin is likely to stabilize this condition in cats. I decided to order it here at bulksupplements, in powder form, along with a scale. So that I could simply weigh out each dose and sprinkle it onto her food 3x a day. I have no regrets with my order. It's much easier than shoving tablets down her throat. Shipping was quick. I started her on it just a few days ago so it's too early to determine it's effectiveness, but hopefully this Rutin will save her life.*
On 2/16/2016 Rachele said...
Trying this product now. Mixes well in water or juice. Not gritty, Company is extremely fast at shipping in quality packaging. *
On 12/15/2015 Jimmy said...
To avoid harmful additives, I suggest you research your specific needs and blend the pure supplements yourself. I trust 'Bulk Supplements' to provide the highest quality ingredients for my own needs.*
On 12/14/2015 Gabe said...
I started using rutin thirty years ago when a health food store owner I respected recommended rutin for a case of hemorrhoids. It worked excellently, they cleared up in only a day. I then kept it on hand for many years for occasional flareups. About twenty years ago a friend's wife died from a stroke. She was about my age so I thought if rutin improves vascular elasticity it might well be useful for stroke prevention so I have used it ever since. Bulk Supplements provides a high quality source at a low per dose price. Now I'll go take some rutin. *
On 10/24/2015 Barry said...
I purchased Rutin & Quercetin to supplement my natural Vitamin C regiment. I purchased from Bulk Supplements for 2 main reasons:
1) Quality and purity of product
I couldn't find a better quality/price combo anywhere on the internet!*
On 8/24/2015 Phil said...
Rutin I bought for my problems with circulation. I have numerous cracked blood vessels on my feet.It is not only a cosmetic problem, but health. I take rutin for a few days only, but I noticed a slight improvement. It is too short time for a fuller say.I will write more after some time
It's better, we'll see what will be later. I am very happy with this purchase. I have a list of new products to buy. I recommend to all, shopping in Bulk Supplements!!!*
On 8/3/2015 Alicja said...
There is no filler or other ingredients in this powder. It is pure fresh supplement from the BulkSupplements. *
On 1/15/2015 Wen-Mei said...
After my last purchase, I was invited to choose and review this free package of BulkSupplements Pure Rutin Powder (100 grams).
Rutin is similar to quercetin and along with quercetin is among the strongest of antioxidants. It is found in buckwheat (especially sprouts) and in the rinds of citrus fruits. It often accompanies vitamin C in supplements with which it works synergistically and is sometimes considered equal in importance to that of the vitamin C. The following is a list of rutin benefits abstracted from MEDLINE:
1. Chondroitin, glucosamine, hyaluronate, quercetin, and rutin improve symptoms of refractory interstitial cystitis and painful bladder syndrome.
2. Buckwheat herb tea protects against leg edema in patients with chronic venous insufficiency.
3. Rutin and quercetin protect against insecticide-induced oxidative stress in human erythrocytes.
4. The topical application of rutin, vitamin E, and an SPF 15 UVA-protective sunscreen has high clinical efficacy in Polymorphous Light Eruption.
5. Rutin, quercetin, and Allopurinol ameliorate renal inflammasome activation and lipid accumulation in fructose-fed rats.
6. Dietary rutin, curcumin, caffeic acid, catechin, and ellagic acid significantly reduced the bile acids of secondary risk factors of colon cancer.
7. Dietary rutin and curcumin reduces colonic inflammation in multidrug resistant mice.
8. Radio-protective effects against X-ray-induced chromosome damage was provided by the following:
With treatment before X-irradiation, the most effective compounds were, in order: Rutin>DMSO>olive leaf>6-n-propyl-2-thiouracil>diosmin
With treatment after X-irradiation, the most effective compounds were, in order: Olive leaf>diosmin>rutin.
9. Rutin, quercetin, curcumin, and ginseng exhibit anti-cancer activity in an animal model of colon cancer.
10. Rutin, and quercetin attenuates hyperuricemia and renal dysfunction in rats induced by fructose intake.
11. Rutin works better than Lovastatin in reducing total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, liver enzymes, and weight in animals on a high-cholesterol diet.
12. Rutin inhibits leukemia in mice and promotes an immune response.
13. Rutin inhibits nitric oxide and tumor necrosis factor-alpha production in lipopolysaccharide and concanavalin-a stimulated macrophages.
14. Rutin prevents cognitive impairments by ameliorating oxidative stress and neuroinflammation in rat model of sporadic dementia of Alzheimer type.
15. Rutin protects the neural damage induced by the transient focal ischemia in rats.
16. Rutin and tetrahydocurcumin have cardioprotective properties in the rat model of myocardial infarction.
17. The flavonoids, tangeretin, rutin, and especially diosmin inhibit the implantation, growth, and invasion of metastatic melanoma.
18. Buckwheat, buckwheat sprouts, and buckwheat extract has significant antioxidant and photoprotective properties.
19. Fruits and vegetable consumption increases rutin metabolites, which are novel inhibitors of nonoxidative advanced glycation end products.
20. Rutin and quercetin protect against asbestos-induced disease.
21. Rutin exhibits a protective effect against chemically-induced liver cancer.
22. Sprouting buckwheat increases hypocholesterolemic, hypotriglyceridemic, and antioxidant activities.
23. Thai Noni leaf extract exhibits anti-proliferative and antioxidant activities.
24. Rutin and vitamin E work synergistically to inhibit VEG-1 in human promyelocytic leukemia cells.
25. Rutin prevents the deterioration of the distal venous system and improves venous microangiopathy, edema, and hypertension.
26. Rutin is safe and effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids during pregnancy.
27. Rutin was concluded to be superior to placebo in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency.*
On 12/30/2014 Stephen said...
I have to give my kitty Rutin 3x per day - 250mg each dose. The powder is easy to make into capsules. My package does have a "mildewy" smell to it...and am checking to see if that is "normal" for Rutin. If so, I give it 5 stars....*
On 12/21/2014 Susan said...
I have been using a commercial product for my joints. They were tablets containing a mix of various ingredients, including Chondroitin. It's been costing me a fortune, so now I got myself a capsule machine to make my own supplements. I ordered the bulk ingredients from two different stores, and I found that Bulksupplements.com is by far the lowest price, best quality source. Product arrived fast, is well packaged and labeled. Will definitely buy from them again.*
On 9/30/2014 marcel said...
I have purchased rutin powder from several sources over the years but by far, Bulk Supplements is superior. The packaging keeps all moisture out which keeps the powder from clumping and possibly getting a mildew odor. Also it seems Bulk Supplements mixes better with liquid so you don't have any undissolved powder in your drink. I will order from Bulk Supplements again!*
On 6/8/2014 Gary said...
Pleased to receive pure Rutin in powder form from BulkSupplements.com. My order was processed and shipped so quickly! Thankful to obtain products that are free of all additives, and at bargain prices compared with capsules or tablets. Really appreciate BulkSupplements.com for providing consistently superb service.*
On 5/23/2014 David said...
I try to eat a varied diet, but it is difficult to get some nutrients. I know I don't eat enough of the sources of rutin (who eats buckwheat, ice plant, and citrus rinds in appreciable quantities??). But I wanted to take rutin because of its antiinflammatory and antioxidant effects. The most amazing effect was on contact dermatitis. I recently removed some old carpeting which was full of borax and possibly some pesticides, and my eyelids immediately swelled and became itchy and the next day started to crack and bleed. I tried all sorts of remedies over the next week, including hot and cold compresses, cortisone cream, topical Benedryl, vitamin E oil, and vitamin K oil. On a whim I decided to try rutin topically, since it is supposed to be effective for contact dermatitis. I just mixed it with water and applied it like lotion to one half of my face. Within half an hour the itching and swelling were gone. So I then applied it to the other half of my face, and got the same results. This is the only remedy that has made any difference, and it was very fast!
I first learned about rutin while browsing the bulksupplements site, and then I did some google scholar research to find out what it's good for. I wish I had known about it long ago, before I had chemotherapy and radiation, as it is protective against the side effects of both treatments. That particular health challenge is over now (for good, hopefully), but I do still spend time in the sun, and rutin is supposed to provide protection against UVB damage. I exercise quite a bit, and thus generate a lot of free radicals. This bulksupplements rutin is very easy to take. It has a mild vegetable flavor that I can eat right off the spoon. I add it to foods like homemade veggie burgers, beans, and soup to round out the flavor. *
On 5/22/2014 Carolyn said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.