You have no items in your shopping cart.
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) Powder
Riboflavin is another name for Vitamin B2. It is a necessary ingredient in many different metabolic processes that help sustain healthy cells with energy.
Besides actively being involved in the process of creating energy, Riboflavin is also responsible for eventually being transformed into the coenzymes flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) and flavin mononucleotide (FMN). These coenzymes act upon adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and help transport it throughout the body.
Women who have been prescribed oral contraceptives and people who drink excessive amounts of alcohol may want to consider supplementing Riboflavin, as both of these elements may cause a reduction in the body’s ability to correctly absorb Riboflavin.
Serving Size & Timing
It is recommended that Riboflavin be taken in servings of 50mg one or two times per day, depending on intended effect. Since this is such a small quantity, it is best to measure it using a digital gram scale rather than measuring spoons. However, if you insist on using measuring spoons or no other alternative is available, about 1/32 tsp will roughly equal 50mg.
Supplement FactsServing size: 50 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin) 50mg||2941%|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 50mg (1/32 tsp) once or twice daily, or as directed by physician. Individual needs vary greatly.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF RIBOFLAVIN
This non-irradiated supplement is considered pharmaceutical grade and contains no fillers of any kind.
RIBOFLAVIN SIDE EFFECTS
As long as suggested serving sizes are adhered to, Riboflavin is safe. However, urine may become slightly discolored or green upon extended use.
Riboflavin is slightly tart and should be mixed in a smoothie or in water, and must be stirred quite a bit. Drink directly after stirring. This product should be stored in an area that is free from light, heat and moisture.
More effective ( for me ), on migraines than anything else I have ever tried...I appreciate the purity,of the product and kindness and efficiency of BS..,I will definitely keep taking riboflavin. Thank you Bulk Supplements !!!*
On 10/7/2016 Diane said...
I purchased this for my husband to help him with his headaches/migraines. So far, so good. Purchasing this product in bulk is such a cost savings compared to purchasing in a store. My husband prefers taking this in a gel cap and it is simple to fill them.*
On 9/29/2016 Jami said...
B2, Riboflavin is hard to find and this is a pure supplement - as are all from bulk supplements. You can also vary the amount more easily than with pressed tablets. I am taking this for nerves damaged by shingles in form of trigeminal neuralgia and we'll see if it helps. So far so good.*
On 7/30/2016 Deanna said...
I found it especially useful in conjuction with TMG (Betaine) supplements.*
On 5/14/2016 Michael said...
Was very pleased to find this product in large quantities, as I need to take 400mg daily for headache management, with 2 other supplements. Bought the 500g size, so I'm set for a long time.The B-2 is amazing quality, and no one beats the price from BulkSupplement. Also their customer service is extremely knowledgeable answering the many questions I had on storage. *
On 5/9/2016 T said...
I was always baffled that while supplements are hailed as being "good for you," the supplements that you find at your typical grocer or pharmacy are full of artificial this and artificial that. Many of the choices at your typical health-store are not that much more pure.
Then, along came BulkSupplements! Finally ... Supplements that Make Sense!
I add this supplement to any soft food, and it works out fine -- with no change to the flavors and as if it weren’t even there!
However, lately I have found that I have been saving time in the long run and adding convenience by stuffing this supplement into empty capsules.
Thank you, BulkSupplements, for doing the right thing!
On 12/2/2015 Kathi said...
Great stuff!! I noticed the difference right away...first of all in my hair, the texture, the volume, the color and how shiny and replenished they are, lately.
Vitamin B2, in tandem with other B Vitamins and Pantothenic Acid, will do exceptional things for the hair. It strengthens the hair, gives it a better texture and, in most cases, will even re-establishes its own natural color.
The body does not need too much of it, it takes just a little bit to make him happy, happy!!
This is definitely a product I will buy again, in the future.
On 11/2/2015 Gabriella said...
After my last purchase, I was invited to choose and review this free package of BulkSupplements Pure Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) Powder (50 grams).
All right. At last, something for migraines. I intend to take 320 mg of this BulkSupplements Pure Riboflavin everyday until my sample runs out in 150 days. Then, I will order more. Of course, this will work. Taking such a large amount, I am glad that the product has absolutely no additives and is pure enough to be rated USP (US Pharmaceutical grade).
As indicated below, some other supplements are recommended to go along with the vitamin B2 to further put the kibosh on migraines : Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Butterbur, Coenzyme Q10, Feverfew, Ginkgo biloba, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and a B-Complex to avoid shortages as well as maybe acupuncture and biofeedback.
Riboflavin also benefits the skin, blood cells, and hair.
Some studies report that vigorous exercise may deplete riboflavin.
The following is a list of clinical trials, most double-blinded and placebo-controlled, recorded at the National Medical Library, MEDLINE, as abstracted by GreenMedInfo for riboflavin (Vitamin B-2):
1. High dose riboflavin [400 mg/day] is effective in the prevention of migraines. "[With respect to number of] headache days, the proportion of patients who improved by at least 50%, i.e. "responders," was 15% for placebo and 59% for riboflavin. Because of its high efficacy, excellent tolerability, and low cost, riboflavin is an interesting option for migraine prophylaxis."
2. Acupuncture and supplementation with various nutrients and herbs [Butterbur, Coenzyme Q10, Ginkgo biloba, Magnesium, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)] may have therapeutic value in preventing migraines.
3. Elimination of 'dietary triggers' and the inclusion of a number of natural substances [Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Butterbur, Coenzyme Q10, Feverfew, Magnesium, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)] may prevent migraines.
4. Lifestyle and diet changes, as well as biofeedback, acupuncture, magnesium, riboflavin and coenzyme Q10 may provide suitable therapies for migraine during pregnancy.
5. Vitamin supplementation [Folic Acid, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E] shows promise for the treatment of migraines with aura and menstrual induced migraines.
6. Riboflavin (along with niacin and coq10) contribute to the efficacy of tamoxifen in treating breast cancer.
7. Low intake of folate, and b2, potassium, iron and vitamin A of plant origin, increase the risk for ischemic stroke.
8. Moderate consumption of riboflavin may be protective against postpartum depression.
9. Riboflavin represents a promising strategy for the treatment of sepsis and septic shock.
10. A combination of coenzyme Q10, riboflavin and niacin may improve outcome in women with breast cancer undergoing tamoxifen therapy.
11. Ascorbic acid, riboflavin and pyridoxine may have therapeutic value in various hereditary connective tissue diseases.
12. Folate, riboflavin, thiamin and vitamin b12 protect against premalignant cervical lesions.
13. Riboflavin shows therapeutic effects in sepsis and septic shock.
14. Heart failure patients have high rates of B-vitamin deficiency.*
On 6/19/2015 Stephen said...
After reading about the connection between B2 deficiences and vision loss in horses, I started including B2 in daily supplements. While the already lost vision in one eye was not restored, the other eye improved noticeably and my other "old (25 yrs+)guys' eyes look clear and healthy. A younger horse had a filmy streak across her eye from an unknown injury which remained after the veterinarian's prescript- ion had been used up. She was started on the B2 and the filmy streak has cleared up completely in a little over a month. Of course, I take it , too, and have no signs of cataracts despite my advanced age, being blond/blue, and outside in the sun most days for some hours. Seeing is believing! And the product quality is stellar! *
On 5/28/2015 Anna said...
Not too much I can say on this one. I have not ever taken it by itself, I always take it with the other B-Vitamins.
The color is orange and the taste is not as good as the other B-Vitamins, no noticeable effects aside from the usual energy/clarity associated with B-Vitamins.*
On 4/14/2015 Jesus said...
Only place I found that does not have all the additives.
Mixes well in plain water.
Tastes little like the old tang only milder - no after-taste.
Delivered in 5 days.
Easy resealable pouch.
Trying for my migranes - only tried for 2 days.
Would recommend this source, especially so pure & reasonably priced.
On 3/15/2015 Deanna said...
Being a sport enthusiast and nutrition dedicated, I found nothing else than expected in this B2: first quality, impeccable service and delivered to my door within 5 business day!!! I can only say one more thing: BulkSupplements.com makes business according to its reputation... and beyond!!!*
On 8/28/2014 Stephane said...
It mixes well.
I cannot take pills
I use this because I have severe allergies and I've been diagnosed with MS.
I follow Roger Mcdougalls regime
On 4/7/2014 Patricia said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.