You have no items in your shopping cart.
Portulaca Oleracea (Purslane) Extract Powder
Purslane (Portulaca oleracea) is a green and leafy wild vegetable. It is found mainly throughout Asia and has been used for centuries for its properties. As it is used today, Purslane is meant mainly to promote general good health and well-being.
Purslane is also one of the few non-meat sources for Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, it has higher amounts of Alpha-Linoleic acid than spinach.As an added bonus, it is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants.
Serving Size & Timing
This supplement should be taken in servings between 100 and 500mg per day.
Supplement FactsServing size: 500 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 100mg (1/32 tsp) to 500mg (rounded 1/8 tsp) daily, or as directed by physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF PURSLANE
This supplement contains 5% Flavones (a type of antioxidant) and has no extraneous fillers of any kind.
PURSLANE SIDE EFFECTS
As long as suggested serving sizes are adhered to, it is unlikely that any negative side effects will be suffered. However, anyone that has had kidney stones in the past should use caution when taking Purslane. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not take this extract.
This supplement’s flavor is described as slightly peppery, so it is recommended that it be added to a flavored beverage of some kind. It may also be taken via capsule form.
My doctor recommended that I purchase Purslane specifically from Bulk Supplements to help with heavy metal toxicity. I add purslane to my protein smoothie each morning.
On 10/21/2016 Pamela said...
Was introduced to Purslane many years ago by a Priest from Lebonan as very healthy nuisance weed. Stephen's review covers the benefits so well & I am quite happy to find it in supplement form.
Thanks again BS for another great product & service.*
On 8/27/2016 Selena said...
Ordered for the first time at bulk supplements.com as recommended by my health care practitioner. Very impressed with the quality of the product, its packaging and prompt shipment. I will definitely be sourcing other supplements from this company in the future.*
On 4/15/2016 Laurel said...
My Dr. recommended I take purslane powder from this company. He said it would help with my immune system and raise my omega 3 fatty acids. I received it in just a few days. It taste delicious. It is a huge bag at a very good price.*
On 4/12/2016 Sherry said...
The quality is great.*
On 3/30/2016 Richard said...
The following is a list of clinical trials, most double-blinded and placebo-controlled, recorded at the National Medical Library, MEDLINE, as abstracted by GreenMedInfo for Purslane (Portulaca Oleracea):
1. Purslane (P. oleracea) has a bronchodilatory effect in airways of asthmatic patients.
2. Purslane (P. oleracea) seeds may be safe and effective in the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding.
3. Purslane is well-tolerated and efficacious in treating oral lichen planus.
4. An aqueous extract of purslane has anti-aging activity [Upregulation of Telomere Length].
5. Purslane (P. oleracea) attenuates hypoxia in nerve tissues.
6. Purslane (P. oleracea) exhibits analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
7. Purslane (P. oleracea) has an antihypoxic activity in mice.
8. Purslane (P. oleracea) has gastroprotective properties similar to sucralfate.
9. Purslane has neuroprotective effects against neurotoxicity in mice.
10. Purslane prevents stress-induced aging in mice.
11. A methanolic extract of Portulaca oleracea L. exhibited more than 70% inhibition.
12. Portulaca oleracea and Petroselinum sativum extracts significantly reduced the cell viability, and altered the cellular morphology of HepG2 cells in a dose dependent manner.
13. Portulaca oleracea L exhibited effective protection for APAP-induced liver injury by preventing the loss of GSH [glutathione], inhibiting oxidative stress response and reducing levels of inflammatory cytokines.
14. Purslane (P. oleracea) contains a variety of compounds with significant antioxidant activity.
15. Purslane (P. oleracea) exhibits anti-inflammatory activity.
16. Purslane (P. oleracea) has muscle relaxant properties associated with its high potassium content.
17. Purslane (P. oleracea) has skeletal muscle relaxing properties.*
On 12/7/2015 Stephen said...
I just received this product. I ordered two packets. They were neat and compact with a ziplock for freshness. The order arrived quickly and is wonderful. I appreciate the quick and efficient service.*
On 5/27/2015 Brenda said...
Very pleased with product and delivery services. *
On 4/12/2015 Harry said...
Very pleased with product. I have been using for a week and it helps maintain energy level.*
On 4/12/2015 Harry said...
I have been using this product for the past few days since I received it. Shipping from the BulkSupplements was very rapid. The product is easy to mix with any shake, smoothie or liquid. I have research this particular supplement. It's anti-aging quailities are very interesting.*
On 3/22/2015 Harry said...
Makes for an excellent iced tea and you will feel great.*
On 3/7/2015 jaron said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.