You have no items in your shopping cart.
Pomegranate Extract Powder - (40% Ellagic Acid)
Classified as an antioxidant, Ellagic Acid is naturally occurring and protects healthy cells from damage by free radical molecules. It is mostly found in concentrated amounts in such foods as grapes, nuts, pomegranates, cranberries and strawberries.
This particular extract is derived from pomegranates and contains at least 40% Ellagic Acid.
Serving Size & Timing
This supplement is recommended to be taken in servings of 750mg (just under 1/4 tsp) two times per day, depending on intended effect.
Supplement FactsServing size: 750mg
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Ellagic Acid… 300mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Tannic acid, polyphenols and alkaloid.
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten or additives
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF POMEGRANATE EXTRACT
There are no fillers of any kind present in this non-irradiated product.
POMEGRANATE EXTRACT SIDE EFFECTS
While side effects from this supplement are unlikely, it is possible to experience nausea, diarrhea and general gastric problems. Some have noted an increase in blood pressure, but this is also rare.
I started taking this because ellagic acid is metabolized by certain bacteria in the gut (gordonibacter) into Urolithin A, a metabolite that is known to restart mitophagy. I figure taking this would not only increase the bacteria's population but produce anti-aging effects, which would be the goal.*
On 10/18/2016 Nathan said...
Knowing the health benefits of fresh pomegranate fruit and this fruit is very seasonal. Thought it would taste sweet like the pomegranate fruit, but in fact it tastes somewhat bitter. But that okay, as long as it delivers the same health benefits as the real fruit.
Always satisfy with Bulk Supplements product. Fast delivery, fair price. One trusted company that I will always come back for more.*
On 10/14/2016 Betty said...
I load the powder into capsules and get the same blood pressure-lowering benefits as I use to get with pomegranate juice but without the sugar load.*
On 8/29/2016 Anthony said...
Pomegranate extract is very good quality & price especially at 40% ellagic acid. I love using this product in my shakes. Taste isn't bad, doesn't make a mess and dissolves pretty good in water!*
On 8/22/2016 Jasen said...
The powder is gritty and doesn't dissolve completely in water. It has a subtle aroma to it and would go well with smoothies. I caught the cold soon after I started taking this, so I'm not sure what it's effects are...*
On 8/20/2016 Jake said...
A 500g bag will last about a year. Stacking different ingredients can be expensive, and bulk helps drastically reduce overall cost. *
On 8/9/2016 Lance said...
It has helped me with my energy and blood pressure, you should try it for your self. Fast shipping. Thanks*
On 8/6/2016 Debra said...
The product came very quickly in good shape. I have used the pomegranate powder for a week and find that it has given me extra energy. I put it on my muesli cereal in the morning and it tastes great. *
On 7/21/2016 Robert said...
Pomegranate extract in combination with grapes extract is a powerhouse combination of antioxidants, and I get both from Bulk Supplements. They are the first place I look for my nutritional needs and those of my clients. The quality is unparalleled!*
On 4/27/2016 robert said...
I recently purchased Pomegranate Powder. As usual, it was packaged and sent in a timely manner. The product is fresh and pure.
I continue to buy from BulkSupplements because the quality of their products and their customer service is exceptional. I've ordered several products and have never been disappointed-in any part of the process. *
On 3/5/2016 Wendy said...
I have read in a number of places, how Pomegranate can rid the intestines of Tape-worms, mostly for children. Pomegranates paralyses Tape-worms in the intestines. Everything I've read recommends that you take Pomegranate and then follow it with allot of roughage: like fruits, vegetables, and fiber, this pushes them out quickly. I got a really big Tape-worm out and have less stomach pain afterwards. B.S. Pomegranate Extract is powerful and easy to add to your daily blend of supplements. There shipping was lightening fast!!!*
On 3/2/2016 Sara said...
Mixes easy or put it in capsules. Should be a good way to get the benefits of the juice without the crazy price.*
On 2/21/2016 Jay said...
I was pleased to find this product in powder form. I had no idea that could be done, it taste good and is a great addition to my breakfast routine. Thanks for having this on your choice of products to purchase.*
On 1/28/2016 Thomas said...
Bulksupplements shipping was very fast. The Pomegranate Extract mixes well with other supplements. It has a strong taste, so I won't recommend taking it by itself. Instead mix it with something to cove or dillute the taste.
I Highly recommend this product.*
On 12/26/2015 Aaron said...
recent studies suggest pomegranate may help lower blood pressure,. The shipping of the product was incredibly fast. It is too soon to know if it will help reduce my blood pressure, but it is easy to take in a smoothie or soft food like yogurt or applesauce. Thank you Bulk Supplements for the product and for the incredibly fast service! *
On 12/16/2015 Mona said...
Gives me energy.*
On 10/13/2015 deloris said...
Highly recommend this product. I feel intra workout recovery between sets while adding this to my regiment.*
On 9/22/2015 Antonio said...
So much easier to add to my morning shake then taking multiple pills. Tart by itself but tolerable in a shake. With the high antioxidant value, it helps with brain and heart health without the high glycemic value. It's so much easier to take these supplements without the added ingredients that we don't need.*
On 7/22/2015 Evelyn said...
I was apprehensive when I compared the price difference between this bulk product and the capsules I was buying locally but decided to place an order. What a great decision. Super fast delivery, great packaging, and an easy to take product. Looking forward to trying other supplements in bulk form.*
On 7/20/2015 Steven said...
Excellent service once again from bulk supps. Fast shipping and great quality. POM extract is a great way to get that extra blood flow during an intense workout.*
On 7/5/2015 Brian said...
I received the free sample quickly as promised. I have been able to slip it into food and come to think about it, I have not noticed the taste! I have not noticed any results, yet but it has only been a few days since I started taking it. Thank you BulkSupplements.com!*
On 7/2/2015 Connie said...
I added this to my diet because of the very high antioxidant rating, it is a very old well known item for it's many medicinal benefits. As always shipping from this company is very fast, almost as though they are just waiting to put your order on the truck. I also order these products because what you buy is what you get, not something with other things mixed in. In this way you can more readily determine it's value to you. .*
On 6/17/2015 James said...
Fast shipping, mixes well, and seems to be improving my skin so far. Noticing improved energy levels.*
On 6/17/2015 jaron said...
I wanted to add a few more comments about my pomegranate shipped recently. I found it very easy to load into capsules This is also the case for the CoQ10 I recently received as well. I am very happy with the response time and quality of your products.*
On 6/16/2015 gerald said...
This is my first order and I was pleased with the quick shipping and the security of the packaging. The pomegranate is of the same quality and texture as the much more expensive product from local health food shops. I have used pomegranate in the past, this bulk product is very cost effective and easy to take. I look forward to using more of your other products to maintain my good health. I am most satisfied !!!*
On 6/6/2015 gerald said...
It is one of my favorite fruit and i heard lots of benifit about POM juice so why no extract, its even better. Purityis great and shipping was fast. Thanks BulkSupplements Team
On 6/4/2015 UMAR said...
This stuff mixes so well and is going to be great as past of my muscle recovery post drink. Thank bulk Supply! *
On 5/21/2015 eric said...
Being aware of the many great health benefits of Pomegranate, besides it being one of my favorite fruits, the problem is that it is only in seaon for a very short time and is available only in the local health food stores and grocery stores at a premium price. Pomegranate juice is good but also very expensive. It is a real advantage to be able to reap the benefits of this fabulous fruit all year long in the form of Pomegranate Extract. The taste is less appealing than the fresh fruit, but in a capsule or added to a smoothei, one can know they are getting the nutrition & benefits of the fresh fruit.
Thanks Bulk Supplements for another great product and fast service. Will continue to be a loyal customer.*
On 5/18/2015 Selena said...
shipping was fast as previous order even though this one is for review :)
the quality of this powder is pure and easy to use and to keep.
I feel energy that I have not felt in months even in years.
I feel like fatigue has been reduced and recovery time has been shortened since I took this as daily diet.
Thanks for giving me a great chance to try this supplement!*
On 3/6/2015 Angus Lim said...
After my last purchase, I was invited to choose and review this free package of BulkSupplements Pure Pomegranate Extract (40% Ellagic Acid) Powder (100 grams).
Ellagic acid is found in strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, pomegranates, as well as walnuts and pecans. (A pomegranate is just another berry.)
The following is a list of titles of clinical trials, most double-blinded and placebo-controlled, recorded at the National Medical Library, MEDLINE, and abstracted by the GreenMedInfo website under its research, substances subsection.
1. A polyphenol-rich whole food supplement [Broccoli, Green Tea, Pomegranate, and Turmeric] significantly affected the rate of PSA progression among men with prostate cancer.
2. Antenatal intake of pomegranate may limit placental injury and thereby may confer protection to the exposed fetus.
3. Consumption of pomegranate decreases serum oxidative stress and reduces disease activity in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis.
4. Extracts of gotu kola and pomegranate improve clinical symptoms of chronic periodontitis.
5. Pomegranate juice augments memory and FMRI activity in middle-aged and older adults with mild memory complaints.
6. Pomegranate juice consumption appears to slow the progression of the carotid intima-media thickness in subjects with increased oxidative stress and poor blood lipid profiles.
7. Pomegranate juice has potent antiatherogenic effects in healthy humans and in atherosclerotic mice that may be attributable to its antioxidative properties.
8. Pomegranate juice prolongs PSA doubling time, inhibits cell proliferation and increases apoptosis in men with prostate cancer.
9. Pomegranate reduces the intima media thickness size of the artery, while also reducing blood pressure and LDL oxidation.
10. Safety: pomegranate juice does not adversely affect insulin sensitivity and contributes to reduction in weight gain.
11. "Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) flower improves learning and memory performances impaired by diabetes mellitus in rats."
12. "Pomegranate Extract Attenuates Gentamicin-Induced Nephrotoxicity in Rats by Reducing Oxidative Stress."
13. Evaluating the potential role of pomegranate peel in aluminum-induced oxidative stress and histopathological alterations in brain of female rats.
14. Long-term (15 mo) dietary supplementation with pomegranates from Oman attenuates cognitive and behavioral deficits in a transgenic mice model of Alzheimer's disease.
15. Maternal dietary supplementation with pomegranate juice is neuroprotective in an animal model of neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury.
16. Oral feeding of pomegranate fruit extract inhibits early biomarkers of UVB radiation-induced carcinogenesis.
17. Polyphenols [Blueberry, Green Tea, Pomegranate] potentiate dietary restriction-induced lifespan extension.
18. Pomegranate extract and beta-sitosterol may be a useful uterine stimulant.
19. Pomegranate extract protects against alcohol and aspirin-induced gastric mucosal injury.
20. Pomegranate extract reduced aortic sinus and coronary artery atherosclerosis in SR-BI/apoE dKO mice.
21. Pomegranate fruit extract rich in punicalagin reverses the proatherogenic effects of perturbed shear stress on endothelial function in rats.
22. Pomegranate fruit juice suppressed androgen dependent prostate carcinogenesis.
23. Pomegranate has blood sugar regulating properties.
24.Pomegranate improves depressive symptoms and bone properties in a menopausal syndrome model due to its estrogen content (estradiol, estrone and estriol).
25. Pomegranate juice decreases amyloid load and improves behavior in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.
26. Pomegranate juice has a chondroprotective effect in an animal mode of osteoarthritis of the knee joint.
27. Pomegranate juice has a protective effect on kidney stone formation (nephrolithiasis) in rats.
28. Pomegranate juice reduces blood pressure by inhibiting Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) activity in diabetic rats.
29. Pomegranate peel extract prevents liver fibrosis in biliary-obstructed rats.
30. Pomegranate peel extract protects against ionizing radiation-induced enteritis and leukocyte damage in rats.
31. Pomegranate polyphenols and extract inhibit nuclear factor of activated T-cell activity and microglial activation in vitro and in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer disease.
32. Pomegranate polyphenols and resveratrol protect the neonatal brain against hypoxic-ischemic injury.
32. Pomegranate seed extract attenuates chemotherapy-induced acute nephrotoxicity and hepatotoxicity.
33. Pomegranate seed oil fed to mice enhances B-cell function as measured by immunoglobulins G and M.
34. Pomegranate seed oil has a protective effect against pesticide-induced nephrotoxicity in rats.
35. Pomegranate seed oil rich in punicic acid has a positive effect on lipid metabolism (particularly triglyceride metabolism) in obese, hyperlipidemic rats.
36. Pomegranate seed oil suppresses chemically induced colon cancer in rats.
37. Punica granatum (pomegranate) ameliorates dextran sulfate sodium induced ulcerative colitis.
38. Punica granatum protects against oxidative stress in PC12 cells and oxidative stress-induced Alzheimer's symptoms in mice.
39. The influence of pomegranate fruit extract in comparison to regular pomegranate juice and seed oil on nitric oxide and arterial function in obese Zucker rats.
40. Topical application of a methanolic extract of pomegranate speeds wound healing time in rats.
41. "Antibacterial effects of plant-derived extracts [Cranberry Proanthocyanidins, Grape Seed Extract, Pomegranate Polyphenols] on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus."
42. A combination of pomegranate rind extract, copper and vitamin C have antimicrobial activity against multidrug resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
43. A variety of natural substances [Curcumin, EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate), Pomegranate, Resveratrol] have preventive potential in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
44. Ellagic acid-rich pomegranate extract has an inhibitory effect on tyrosinase activity and ultraviolet-induced pigmentation.
45. Methanolic extract of pomegranate fruit demonstrates antibacterial activity against a broad range of pathogenic bacteria.
46. Multitargeted therapy of cancer by ellagitannins.
47. Pomegranate peel extracts exhibit antibacterial and antifungal activity against oral pathogens.
48. Pomegranate and berries have a relatively high cellular antioxidant activity.
49. Pomegranate and fulvic acid may have therapeutic value in a wide range of viruses.
50. Pomegranate compounds exhibit antiproliferative and anti-aromatase activity in breast cancer cells in vitro.
51. Pomegranate compounds modulate the growth of human gut bacteria, increasing levels of Bifidobacterium breve and Bifidobacterium infantis.
52. Pomegranate contains four compounds ellagic acid, caffeic acid, luteolin and punicic acid, which inhibit prostate cancer cell invasion and have synergistic effects with one another.
53. Pomegranate exhibits anti-cancer activity against breast cancer cells.
54. Pomegranate exhibits antilisterial activity in vitro and in ground beef.
55. Pomegranate exhibits antiviral activity.
56. Pomegranate exhibits significant antitumor activity against human prostate cancer.
57. Pomegranate fruit exhibits protective properties against the adverse effects of UVB radiation.
58. Pomegranate fruit extract impairs invasion and motility in human breast cancer.
59. Pomegranate fruit extract may hold promise in leukemia treatment.
60. Pomegranate fruit peels exhibit broad antimicrobial activity against foodborne pathogens.
61. Pomegranate has potent anti-aromatase activity warranting its use for human breast cancer.
62. Pomegranate inhibits human pancreatic cancer cells.
63. Pomegranate juice, total pomegranate ellagitannins, and punicalagin suppress inflammatory cell signaling in colon cancer cells.
64. Pomegranate polyphenol inhibits influenza virus and has a synergistic effect with oseltamivir.
65. Pomegranate polyphenol inhibits UVB-mediated oxidative stress and photoaging in keratinocytes (skin cells).
66. Pomegranate polyphenols have a protective effect against UVA- and UVB-induced cell damage.
67. Pomegranate rind extract exhibits anti-MRSA properties synergistically with cupric sulfate.
68. Pomegranate seed compounds have estrogen receptor enzyme modulating activity.
69. Pomegranates have anti-influenza activity.
70. Punicic acid, a conjugated linolenic fatty acid from pomegranate seed oil, protects from experimental colon inflammation in rats by inhibiting TNF alpha-induced neutrophil hyperactivation.
71. Punicic acid, an omega-5 fatty acid found within pomegranate, is capable of inhibiting breast cancer proliferation.
72. Ellagic acid significantly decreases the level of melanin in patients with melasma.
73. Ellagic acid therapy reduces chemotherapy induced toxicity, e.g. neutropenia, in hormone refractory prostate cancer patients.
74. Berries and ellagic acid prevent estrogen-induced mammary tumorigenesis by modulating enzymes of estrogen metabolism.
75. Blueberry, black raspberry and ellagic acid significantly reduce tumor volume and multiplicity in estrogen-induced mammary carcinogenesis. - Article 1
76. Consumption of some polyphenols reduces fecal deoxycholic acid and lithocholic acid, the secondary bile acids of risk factors of colon cancer.
77. Curcumin [and Ellagic Acid and Quercetin] inhibit radiation-induced changes in the liver.
78. Curcumin, ellagic acid and bixin attenuate radiation induced toxicity.
79. Ellagic acid ameliorates nickel induced biochemical alterations: diminution of oxidative stress.
80. Ellagic acid and pumpkin seed oil protects against methotrexate-induced small intestine damage in rats.
81. Ellagic acid has anti-cataractogenic activity.
82. Ellagic acid inhibits carbon tetrachloride induced liver toxicity and fibrosis.
83. Ellagic acid inhibits lung tumorigenesis.
84. Ellagic acid inhibits the development of pancreatic fibrosis in the rat experimental model.
85. Ellagic acid inhibits the gastric proton pumps, reducing acid secretion and the occurrence of stress-induced gastric lesions.
86. Ellagic acid protects against cisplatin-induced kidney injury and oxidative stress in rats.
87. Ellagic acid significantly decreases the damage induced by cyclosporine A (used in organ transplantations).
88. Pomegranate fruit juice suppressed androgen dependent prostate carcinogenesis.
89. Punica granatum (pomegranate) ameliorates dextran sulfate sodium induced ulcerative colitis.
90. Resveratrol works synergistically with ellagic acid, grape seed extract and other phytochemicals to inhibit skin cancer promotion.
91. Turmeric, garlic, curcumin and ellagic acid protect against aflatoxin-induced mutagenicity and hepatocarcinogenicity.
92. Various plant polyphenols inhibit lung cancer caused by metastatic melanoma.
93. Berry components prevent oxidative damage to DNA caused by estradiol (E2) and copper chloride, in vitro.
94. Black and red raspberries extracts had growth inhibiting activity against the human pathogens Corynebacterium diphtheriae and Moraxella catarrhalis.
95. Ellagic acid and curcumin may inhibit cancer through preventing the over-expression of glutathione S-transferases.
96. Ellagic acid demonstrates anticancer activity against bladder cancer cells.
97. Ellagic acid demonstrates anticancer activity against human neuroblastoma cells.
98. Ellagic acid fractions from muscadine grapes induce programmed cell death in human colon cancer cells.
99. Ellagic acid induces programmed cell death in pancreatic cancer cells.
100. Ellagic acid is an effective eosinophilic inflammation suppressor, suggesting a potential role for treating allergies and asthma.
101. Ellagic acid significantly reduces chemically induced esophageal tumorigenesis in rats.
102. Ellagic acid, phenolic acids, and flavonoids in Malaysian honey extracts demonstrate in vitro anti-inflammatory activity.
103. Genistein, ellagic acid and chlorophyll inhibit chemically-induced DNA adduction associated with mammary carcinogenesis.
104. Pomegranate contains four compounds ellagic acid, caffeic acid, luteolin and punicic acid, which inhibit prostate cancer cell invasion and have synergistic effects with one another.
105. Quercetin and ellagic acid protect against benzene-induced toxicity in bone marrow and lung cells.
106. Various natural compounds [Blackberry, Ellagic Acid, Green Tea, Raspberry, Resveratrol, Strawberry] exhibit chemopreventive properties in esophageal squamous cell tumors.
107. Ellagic acid demonstrates anticancer activity against colon, breast, lung and prostate cancer cells.*
On 12/30/2014 Stephen said...
I mix this in with my Quercetin Dihydrate, and Grape seed extract (which I got on Amazon and how I first discovered Bulk Supplements). I mix it in my smoothie, tea or whatever else for a daily dose of good antioxidants. I am trying to get rid of capsules because too much magnesium stearate is not good for your digestive track. This is not only more cost effective, but is pure quality. I am very happy to have found a place that sells this. Customer service was also great in answering all my questions about the origin and quality control of their various products before I purchased. Very happy overall. Thanks!*
On 7/19/2014 Mar said...
First time ordering from Bulk Supplements, order came quickly and without issue. I like the sealed packs to help ensure freshness, prices are very competitive. This allows me to use a high quality product without over paying.*
On 5/18/2014 dave said...
I'm impressed with the freshness of the products. They came faster than I expected. I'm enjoying spirulina every night along with magnesium glycinate and I sleep so much better now without mentioning the laxative effect in the morning! I'll be happy to receive the pure pomegranate extract Ellagic Acid Powder to try.
On 3/18/2014 Marlissa said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.