You have no items in your shopping cart.
Pine Bark Extract Powder
- Preserves Healthy Vitamin C and E Levels
- Helps Dilate Blood Vessels
Pine Bark Extract contains Proanthocyanidin which is a Bioflavonoid, another type of antioxidant. This particular extract is derived from the Pinis Massoniana tree. Antioxidants are very important to the body because they are able to protect healthy cells from being damaged by what is known as free radicals. These are molecules that are created during the natural metabolic process which see to harm healthy cells.
There are many antioxidants out there that perform the same actions as Pine Bark Extract with varying degrees of success. Some of this extract’s peers include Vitamins A, C, and E as well as Selenium. However, the OPCs (Oligomeric Proanthocyanodins, the scientific name for the specific type of antioxidants found in Pine Bark) present in Pine Bark Extract are some of the most potent forms of antioxidants that can be found in nature.
Another rich source of OPC's is in the extract of the Grape Seed, which are more widely used than even Pine Bark Extract. Even though OPC's are present in both extracts, these are two distinct substances and share more differences than they do commonalities.
Pine Bark Extract is not only used as an antioxidant. It also has properties which allow it to repair Collagen tissue, a type of protein which is the main component that forms blood vessels, connective tissue and skin.
Pine Bark Extract is more effective as an antioxidant than even Vitamin C and E, the two vitamins generally used for their properties as antioxidants. Pine Bark Extract is more efficient because it can be absorbed by the body in less than 20 minutes and it effects can go on to last for up to 3 days.
Despite the fact that the three vitamins often compete in the market, in terms of which the better antioxidant is; Pine Bark Extract actually works well when combined with Vitamin C to help the body recycle and reuse Vitamin E. One more advantage of this particular antioxidant is that it is one of the few that has the ability to pass through the blood brain barrier and prevent the brain from being damaged by free radicals.
Health Benefits Provided by Pine Bark Extract
This supplement is mainly prized for the high quantity of OPC's in it. Many daily activities such as smoking, being exposed to the sun for too long, or simply eating something that is less than perfectly healthy will cause free radicals to proliferate. In order to get rid of these, antioxidants such as Pine Bark Extract must be consumed. This extract also helps to maintain levels of Vitamin C and E.
Some studies suggest that Pine Bark Extract may be an immune system booster, however these claims have yet to be fully substantiated. Because OPC's are hard to consume at recommended levels through merely dieting, it is generally recommended that a supplement such as Pine Bark Extract be taken regularly to make up for that.
Serving Size & Timing
It is recommended that this supplement be taken in servings of 400mg per day.
Supplement FactsServing size: 250 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Pine Bark Extract 250mg||*|
|Standardized to contain > 95% Proanthocyaidin 238mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives
As a dietary supplement, take 250 milligrams (rounded 1/16 tsp) a day, or as directed by a physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
Pine Bark Extract Concentration
This product contains no fillers of any kind. It is considered food-grade and has no additives of any kind. The full makeup of the supplement contains over 70% Procyanidins.
Pine Bark Extract Side Effects
As long as suggested serving sizes are adhered to, Pine Bark Extract should be fine to consume. Its abilities to act as an antioxidant and a collagen helper will even be magnified when it is taken along with Vitamins A, C, E, or Selenium. Taking this supplement along with fruits rich in antioxidants such as apples or grapes may help boost the effects of this supplement as well.
Pine Bark Extract Bioavailability
This supplement can be mixed with juice or water or may also be ordered in capsule form. Whether purchasing the powder or the individual capsules, this product should be stored in an area that is free from light, heat, and moisture in order to preserve its levels of potency.
- I had a hard time finding this, since I was searching for Pycnogenol, but I am glad I did. I have been easing into a dosage, so not really certain of how it is working, , but I anticipate good things based on the other reviews. It seems to be potent.
On 11/25/2014 KARL said...
BTW, I love the astringency that just 1/16 teaspoon of each gives to too-sweet drinks like Kombucha.
I'd wanted to combine grape seed extract and pine bark extract for years, but the PBE was too expensive. So it's wonderful to to finally be able to get it, with no fillers, at a great price.
On 10/21/2014 A.L. Davies said...
- After discovering the cardiovascular health benefits of Pine Bark Extract and reviewing several studies on the supplement, I was pleasantly surprised to find it available on bulksupplements.com. The product mixes very well and while the taste is distinct, it is not overwhelming nor unpleasant. I Highly recommend this product.
On 10/3/2014 Aaron said...
to this extract. I am very pleased so far . The thing I have noticed the most is my inflammation is almost nonexistent. Regardless of how hard I work I never seem to get sore. I will be using for the rest of my life!
I have used pycnogenol for a long time and made the switch
On 9/29/2014 John said...
- i've taken various forms of pine bark extract and pycnogenol supplements with varying results, this one seems high quality and without any excipients or fillers, which is great. As others have mentioned this supplement has many health benefits, recommended.
On 9/22/2014 Kevin said...
- Sooo glad I decided to try this product! Pine bark extract has numerous proven/ well-studied health benefits. Looking forward to seeing how it diminishes fine lines/ wrinkles and spider veins with long term use. I love knowing that I'm taking such a powerful supplement. And as usual... Bulk Supplements is providing it at such an excellent cost for such a pure extract. It's a great -- and equally as beneficial -- alternative to the high-priced patented Pycnogenol (pine bark extract). Try this one folks!
On 9/7/2014 Meeya said...
- I bought this to see if it would help with the circulation problems in my legs and the neuropathy in my feet. I put them into capsules and started taking two a day. It took about a week before I noticed any improvement. I started feeling a warming feeling in my legs, like the blood started flowing again and the pain greatly minimized in my feet and legs. Still hard to walk right but more comfortable. It wouldn't last permanently but over the last week the effects are lasting longer. Swelling in feet is less severe and seems to happen less. Glad I gave this a try. Everything the doctors had me on or tried on me always made it worse and caused other problems, this seems to actually work with no apparent side affects.
On 7/8/2014 Victoria L. said...
- Has a strong, piney, astringent taste -- which is to say, it tastes fresh and unadulterated. With pine bark's long history and solid backing in terms of research, this is a great way to get it, and the quality here is superb.
On 5/9/2014 William said...
- I take 100mg before every workout and it helps me get a good pump since is a NOS activator. This extract is pure and you can't beat the price. Great quality, keep it up bulksupplemets...
On 3/18/2014 Nicole said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.