You have no items in your shopping cart.
Organic Spirulina Powder
Spirulina Plantensis is an edible food supplement version of a microscopic algae organism with a blue-green hue. Each organism is made up of a single cell, and can be found in a variety of different watery environments including marine, tropical and saltpan regions. This version of Spirulina is completely organic and contains an abundance of nutrients, including an extensive amino acid profile.
Due to the environment that this algae is usually found in, it is able to absorb both the rich amino acids and all of the vitamins present in the water, compacting them all in the form of a single-celled organism that can then be consumed to reap those benefits.
As a bonus, Spirulina acts as a great source of Vitamin B12, essential fatty acids, Beta Carotene, and Chlorophyll. Some of these elements are only present in high amounts in the diets of meat eaters, and other nutrients like Beta-Carotene and Chlorophyll act as antioxidants and are useful in helping the body get rid of toxins.
Serving Size & Timing
It is suggested that Spirulina be taken in servings of 7 grams daily.
Supplement FactsServing size: 7000 milligrams
Serving per container: *
Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat < <1 g||<2%|
|Carbohydrate 1 g||<1%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Phosphorus 66 mg||6%|
|Magnesium 19 mg||5%|
|Manganese <1 mg||15%|
|Sodium 49 mg||2%|
|Potassium 73 mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten or additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 7 grams (1 level tbsp) daily, or as directed by a physician.
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF SPIRULINA
There are no fillers of any kind present in Spirulina. It is 100% pure, vegan friendly and organic.
SPIRULINA SIDE EFFECTS
As long as suggested serving size is adhered to, negative side effects are unlikely to be experienced. However, it is possible that minor symptoms such as muscle pain, headache and sweating may occur as a result of taking Spirulina. Some people may be allergic to this product. There have been no reported medication reactions. Always purchase Spirulina from a reputable seller that you trust.
This algae has a blue-green hue to it and has the taste and scent of marine water. It can be combined easily with water or juice. It is important to note that before adding Spirulina to things such as smoothies, it is best to first blend with a small bit of water. It can even be added to foods such as dips, sauces, soups, and casseroles. This product comes in a vacuum-sealed bag to maintain freshness and should be stored in an area that is free from light, heat and moisture to make sure potency is preserved.
as always , love the quality of bulksupplements products , spirulina is just one of many supplements i buy from here and always got great quality*
On 1/18/2017 malcolm said...
Spirulina is an energy food for me. The Bulk Supplements product gives me the same results as my former product at a much lower cost.
If you struggle with the flavor try adding a couple tablespoons of fresh lime juice and a squirt of honey. Mix with a small battery powered coffee frother and drink with a straw. Num!!
On 1/18/2017 Brett said...
This spirulina is really good tasting, sort of has a meaty-ness to it that is nice on the palette.
This goes well with chocolate powder in a smoothie, I know it may sound gross but try it, it's really good. The spirulina mellows out the chocolate so you either don't need to add any sweetener or very little. So you get this nice, hearty protein packed superfood shake that tastes good and is good for you.
I was afraid to try this at first, I kept reading all this great stuff about spirulina but there was really no info on how it tasted. It is rather pleasant (at least the Bulk Supplements Organic stuff) and now I am looking for more ways to include it in my diet.*
On 1/8/2017 Kenneth said...
Excellent product. Pure wouldn’t order anywhere else. Great customer service. Fast shipping*
On 12/19/2016 anthony said...
This product was purchased for my horse who has allergies. Vet says it helps esp. Lung. So, I am giving this to him. He does not like the taste so I am increasing to the dose recommend by the vet slowly. He is having trouble breathing so I will come back and update if it helps him. Animals can't have a placebo effect!!*
On 12/1/2016 Sharon said...
Bulk Supplements.com does it again with lightning-fast shipping and an unbeatable product! The rich green powder is loaded with nutrients and blends easily in your favorite smoothie. After drinking my smoothie, I actually felt a nice, natural, jitter-free energy boost that lasted for hours. Super satisfied with this superfood! *
On 11/17/2016 Alisan said...
This might be the single best Supplement I use. It is a Superfood and I take it regularly. There are so many proven Heath benefits that I could not even begin to list them.
I crave it. It tastes good. I take it in the morning before workout. I feel energetic throughout the day. Sometimes I mix it hemp power and coconut milk.
I do not recommend taking it at night IF you want to sleep. Do yourself a favor, do a little research on Spirulina and learn what it’s all about. It makes me feel great..
Like all the products I get from BulkSupplements – It’s high quality.
On 11/15/2016 Les said...
Spirulina is such a versatile nutrition booster, I add it to just about everything. And the larger bag is such a bargain, I can afford to add it to everything! Non-clumping, dissolves easily, and virtually tasteless, it adds protein and minerals to smoothies, omelettes, cooked cereal and baked goods. *
On 11/8/2016 ZenRuth said...
Great product and good price*
On 11/7/2016 Dariusz said...
Nice to find a place to get the real stuff. It only works if it's real. Thank you so much.*
On 10/26/2016 Thomas said...
I like the purity of the l-arginine. It's important to have the right stuff in order for it to work. Quite happy!*
On 10/26/2016 Thomas said...
This product mixes very well in water. The smell is bad like an old fish tank that has algae in it but that is exactly the environment spirulina thrives is so it's not surprise. The smell becomes more tolerable but the taste is not bad at all. Just plug nose and drink it with water every morning. Definitely feeling more energetic even though I only get 5-6 hours of sleep each night due to my hectic lifestyle. It helps with my concentration and sense of well being all day long. I just wish BS would be more clear on countries of origin for their stuff. Rumor has it this spirulina comes from China on Amazon. I trust BS to screen their products well but given how prone Spirulina is at absorbing heavy metals, China is not a place I want my spirulina growing. *
On 10/13/2016 David P. said...
I have a stressful job, and do not always eat properly... I use organic spirulina in a protein drink that I prepare for those days when I cannot find time to prepare a fully balanced meal... spirulina provides all essential nutrients and is a complete food... I actually enjoy the taste and the fresh smell... I use spirulina (and chlorella) as a dietary supplement and feel that it helps to promote healthy body functions and gives me natural energy throughout the day... it also helps to give me more stamina to endure the physical demands of my work... I have been taking spirulina and chlorella for several years, and feel more energized and healthy, and it helps with my exercise and weight-loss program... the "Bulk Supplement" products are very good quality and reasonably priced, and I am very pleased with their products.*
On 9/18/2016 Jay said...
Great product!! Fresh!! I was so happy to get it so quickly because I had not realized I was so close to being out. I like to use it in smoothies in the mornings and miss it if there is a lapse of having it. Thank you. will definitely be ordering again! *
On 9/14/2016 Denise said...
Excellent product. Pure, secure packaging. Wouldn't order anywhere else. Great customer service. Can't believe I got 250 grams of Spirulina for writing a review!*
On 9/2/2016 Kathleen said...
Extremely good product. Mixes well, tastes good. I would recommend this product to everyone interested in improving their overall energy and health. Very fast shipping! A+*
On 8/29/2016 Robert said...
This stuff is GREAT!!! I have been using and enjoying the health benefits of Spirulina for years. I was always very particular to order the Hawaiian Spirulina which is very expensive and thought to be the best but I am so happy to find this is the same color and taste and 1/2 the price. We use in our smoothies every morning to help us to a great start for the day. I ordered the Spirulina in the morning and I swear they had a truck waiting at the dock for my order. Within 1 hour I received an e-mail saying my order had been shipped. Will order 5 more Kilos tomorrow!! Thank you BS.*
On 8/9/2016 Gary said...
Very good product. I didn't know what to make of the fishy taste description I read before I ordered, but figured out that you can mix this with orange juice and bananas and it tastes really good! My energy level seems to be higher all day.
Order with confidence.*
On 4/12/2016 Justin said...
Excellent product. Mixes well with milk. Taste is a bit strong but the product is high quality. *
On 3/25/2016 Latasha said...
Everything is always perfect from Bulk Supplements. *
On 3/1/2016 jason said...
Great Product! I have been using Organic Spirulina for over 15 years. I mix it with my detox drink every morning. It has a fresh taste compared to other Spirulina I have used in the past. This is my first time buying from Bulk Supplements and will order more products in the future. Highly recommend.*
On 2/16/2016 Hollace said...
Wasn't to sure about this one, as it stated "marine taste" in the description, however, can't notice it if what you put it in is tasty! Saying that, I've put this in my spaghetti and a few other dishes. I'm usually cooking for one so the amount I put in is not that large. I haven't tasted it by itself with just water or juice but plan to. I use this as a supplement as I do some of the other products I've purchased from Bulksupplements. I've not been disappointed. The prices beat out over the counter and I feel a lot better buying from them with the "kosher" and "non-GMO" in writing. Also, when you look at the bottles of supplements on the shelves and read the labels ... So glad I found Bulksupplements!*
On 1/3/2016 Danica said...
Takes a bit to dissolve, but doesn't taste too bad with cranberry juice. *
On 12/19/2015 linda said...
First time ordering Spirulina from here, very pleased. Good taste, blender perfect!*
On 12/19/2015 Giulia said...
The following is a list of clinical trials, most double-blinded and placebo-controlled, recorded at the National Medical Library, MEDLINE, as abstracted by GreenMedInfo for Spirulina:
1. Citrulline and spirulina may have a therapeutic role in the management of sickle cell disease.
2. Daily supplementation with S. platensis to diet combined with a reasonable balanced diet has significantly increased the CD4 cells and reduced the viral load after 6 months.
3. Serum selenium levels are depressed in patients with colitis (CCC) and irritated bowel syndrome (IBS) and may be resolved with spirulina-based selenium supplement.
4. Spirulina appears to be more promising when compared to aloe vera for the treatment of Oral submucous fibrosis (OSMF).
5. Spirulina can significantly increase peoples serum beta-carotene and total body vitamin A stores.
6. Spirulina has favorable effects on lipid profiles, immune variables and antioxidant capacity in healthy individuals.
7. Spirulina has therapeutic value in hepatitis C patients.
8. Spirulina improves insulin resistance in 100% of patients tested.
9. Spirulina intake for 30 and 60 days led to a significant reduced serum content of MDA [malondialdehyde], lipid hydroperoxide, and cholesterol, while increasing GSH [glutathione] and vitamin C level.
10. Spirulina is an effective dietary source of zeaxanthin to humans.
11. Spirulina supplementation at a dose of 1 g daily has powerful hypolipidemic effects, especially on the triglyceride concentration in dyslipidaemic Cretan outpatients.
12. Supplementation at a high dosage of 6 g daily in NAFLD patients has strong and multiple beneficial metabolic effects and improves their health-related quality of life.
13. Spirulina platensis and related tetrapyrroles have potent antiproliferative effects on experimental human pancreatic cancer.
14. Radioprotectant and cytotoxic effects of spirulina in relapsed verrucous vulvar cancer.
15. `"Spirulina improves non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, visceral fat macrophage aggregation, and serum leptin in a mouse model of metabolic syndrome."
16. A polysaccharide obtained from Spirulina platensis plays a protective role against the MPTP-induced loss of dopaminergic neurons in C57BL/6J mice.
17. Administration of Spirulina platensis minimized the toxic effects of the antibiotic Tilmicosin by its free radical scavenging and potent antioxidant activity.
18. Altered expression of antioxidant genes may reflect states of oxidative stress associated with tinnitus.
19. Antioxidant therapy protects against nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
20. In conclusion, the protection afforded by S. maxima against development of chronic inflammation is due to its antioxidant activity.
21. Liv-52 alone or in combination with spirulina produced a well pronounced protective effect in respect to these parameters in cadmium intoxicated rats.
22. Pretreatment with spirulina showed an anti-parkinsonism effect on behavior and anti-oxidant parameters on 6-OHDA induced dopaminergic damage rats.
23. S. platensis exerts antitumor effects against UVB irradiation in the skin through its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
24.Silicon-enriched spirulina protects against metabolic imbalance, inflammation, oxidative stress, and vascular dysfunction induced by an HF [high fat] diet.
25. Single treatments of fish oil and spirulina possess protective effects against oxidative stress and inflammation.
26. SP exhibited a protective effect against B[']P-induced genetic damage to germ cells in male and female mice, and may serve as a natural agent in cancer treatment or chemoprevention.
27. Spirulina administration was able to minimize the toxic effects of deltamethrin by its free radical-scavenging and potent antioxidant activity.
28. Spirulina and glycyrrhizin has a potential role in reversing cognitive dysfunctions associated with aging and obesity.
29. Spirulina fusiformis provides protection against mercuric chloride induced oxidative stress in mice.
30. Spirulina has a beneficial effect in experimentally-induced colitis.
31. Spirulina has a chemoprevention effect on rat liver toxicity and carcinogenesis.
32. Spirulina has a protective effect against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in mice.
33. Spirulina healed the damage induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats.
34. Spirulina improves fructose-induced hyperlipidemia in animals.
35. Spirulina may reduce the genotoxic effects and rates of congenital malformations caused by exposure to cadmium.
36. Spirulina platensis and spirulina lonar extracts have anti-pyretic and anti-inflammatory properties, but SP was found to be more effective than SL.
37. Spirulina platensis exhibited a significant modulatory effect on acetic acid-induced colitis in rats, which may be due to a significant increase of antioxidant enzymes.
38. Spirulina platensis is a potent antioxidant that could ameliorate the effect of chromium induced nephrotoxicity and provided a near complete protection.
39. Spirulina prevents memory dysfunction, reduces oxidative stress damage and augments antioxidant activity in senescence-accelerated mice.
40. Spirulina promotes stem cell genesis and protects against LPS induced declines in neural stem cell proliferation.
41. The present study concluded that Spirulina is able to restrain the changes produced through adjuvant-induced arthritis.
42. A number of natural substances have therapeutic value in the partial prevention of cardiac remodeling and atrial fibrillation.
43. A nutraceutical formulation with spirulina may help protect the stem progenitor cells from insults.
44. A supercritical carbon dioxide extract of Spirulina platensis showed high antimicrobial activity against gram-positive bacteria
45. Calcium spirulan derived from Spirulina platensis inhibits herpes simplex virus 1 attachment to human keratinocytes and protects against herpes labialis.
46. Calcium spirulan, an inhibitor of enveloped virus replication, from a blue-green alga Spirulina, exhibits activity against a variety of viruses.
47. Selenium enriched spirulina protects INS-1E cells from hIAPP-induced cell death through preventing ROS overproduction, mitochondrial dysfunction.
48. Spirulina and glucosamine sulfate may be benefic against tendinopathy by regulating inflammation and tendon matrix remodeling.
49. Spirulina contains methylcobalamin, a form of vitamin b12 of high biological quality.
50. Spirulina has a radioprotective effect.
51. Spirulina has antiviral activity against Cytomegalovirus
52. Spirulina consumption significantly improves the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.*
On 12/7/2015 Stephen said...
I had expected this to taste pretty marine like in my smoothie but it did not at all! It blended in very well. It is very fine powder so you have to be careful or it will get all over. Very nice product!*
On 11/7/2015 Robert said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.