You have no items in your shopping cart.
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) Powder
- Improves Joint Health
- Reduces Pain & Inflamation Of Joints
- Promoted Collagen Formation
Methylsulfonylmethane, or as it is sometimes referred to, MSM, is a Sulfur compound which has been found to occur naturally in the human body; in milk, fish, green vegetables, and in various grains. It is usually sold as a dietary supplement. MSM can be found in some form in all living creatures including plant life, and is usually described as both without taste or smell. The extract generally comes in the form of a white crystalline powder which can be dissolved in water.
MSM Health Benefits
Sulfur is found in all the main structures of the body and is needed in some fashion by all of them. Enzymes need it to metabolize and react to nutrients, hormones need it in order to produce the correct result in the individual they are affecting, and it is needed by antioxidants and the antibodies of the immune system as well. Since it is so important to the body, it is equally important that it be constantly replenished.
Though MSM can be found in the diet, it is often destroyed during the production sequence that goes into processed foods. Therefore processed foods, the snacks which seem to make up a large majority in American diets; are not very rich in MSM, which is why supplementation may be needed in some cases. Any foods which have been stored for long periods of time or which have been dehydrated, will have lost any MSM content when this occurred. This is unfortunate as MSM is a large supplier of raw materials that the body needs in order to function correctly. 34% of MSM is made up of Sulfur, meaning that this supplement can also function as a competent source of Sulfur.
Since Sulfur is so prevalent in the bodies of living organisms, this makes it a part of at least 150 compounds that can be found in the body including proteins, hormones, and even more physically prominent aspects such as skin and hair. Because Sulfur is found in the connective tissue, this also makes it an important component of Collagen which relieves aches in the joints by keeping them well lubricated. MSM may also keep the cell walls strong, allowing nutrients in, but keeping toxins out.
Serving Size & Timing
It is suggested that MSM be consumed in serving sizes between 1000 and 1300mg to be taken 4 times per day depending on intended effect. A serving of 1/4 tsp is equal to 925mg while a serving size of 3/8tsp is equal to about 1385mg.
Supplement FactsServing size: 1300 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten or additives
As a dietary supplement, take 1000mg (rounded 1/4 tsp) to 1300mg (3/8 tsp) up to four times daily or as directed by a physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
This MSM is considered pharmaceutical grade and has no fillers of any kind present in its chemical makeup.
MSM Side Effects
MSM is generally considered to be not very toxic and ranks among the lowest on the list of toxic chemicals. The only side effect that has ever been reported occurring as a result of using MSM was slight blood thinning and this in itself is rare. Still, those who are taking blood thinners already, may want to converse with a doctor before taking this supplement due to the possible ramifications. As another minor side effect, it should be noted that taking MSM may cause hair and nails to grow more rapidly.
This product is known for having a bitter taste to it, but not so bitter as to be intolerable. It dissolves very easily in water and can be mixed in either water or citrus juices. There is also a capsule option for those that prefer not to take this supplement via dissolving in water. This product should be stored in an area that is free from light, heat, and moisture.
Awesome product, great value, arrived promptly!!! I feel more energy, my overall immune system is getting better.
On 9/7/2014 Tanya said...
- This wonderful supplement is part of my morning drink mix. For the last 6 months my normal aches have subsided since using this with a combination of other products purchased from Bulk Supplements. Great price, quality and shipping.
On 8/18/2014 Cory said...
- Tastes good and excellent value!
On 8/2/2014 Kris said...
Have only started taking it about 4 Days now, and already my Elbow is feeling better. I had been Sidelined with this Elbow on and off. I don't see it as a Problem in the Future. Will be Purchasing this again.
Have never taken the Pure MSM before, and I'm very glad that I did.
On 8/2/2014 Joseph said...
- Seems to work so far!
On 7/26/2014 Sean said...
- Only been using it for about a week two table spoons in the morning and two after dinner so about sixteen grams a day
On 7/25/2014 shawn said...
I am a collegiate athlete, so my joints take a pretty heavy beating. Recently, I have been feeling it in my right knee. I thought MSM might help, so I have added it to my smoothies for the past few days. My knee feels perfect- no pain or discomfort at all. I guess it's hard to say definitively if the MSM is the cause of the improvement, but I'll stick with what's working, and right now, this is working.
I recently got a sample of the MSM.
On 7/21/2014 Michael L said...
- good quality for a good price on the MSM. Glad to have found bulk supplements!
On 7/13/2014 Jean said...
- The MSM I bought was good quality at a good price so happy!
On 7/13/2014 Jean said...
- The product arrived only a day or two after I ordered. If that's what the free shipping gets you I don't know how much faster express could be! It was securely packaged and the individual packages that contain the MSM powder are a marvel of modern packaging technology. Completely airtight and resealable. Labeling is good with suggested directions date of manufacture and date of expiration. I feel the product is helping joint pain already even though it might be too soon for most people to experience the effect. The powder is finely divided with no sign of caking or impurity. Taste is somewhat bitter which is to be expected.
On 5/31/2014 James said...
- I have been taking the MSM for about 3 days now so don't see any results yet. I find the taste smooth and easy to swallow when taken sublingual. I really love the fast delivery and low shipping charge. Looking forward to the health benefits of the pure powder.
On 3/15/2014 Steve said...
I have used MSM for years, your smells and taste just how I like it. I'm a satisfied customer.
On 3/3/2014 peter said...
- I heard from a friend about MSM. I searched and found this site. Best prices, best service. I have been using MSM for about a week now and already I can feel the difference. I have RA with pain in my hips, ankles and knees. I sleep better at night because the pain has been reduced. I can climb stairs much easier.
On 2/19/2014 Michael said...
My hand arthritis is noticeably improved and my leg cramps are diminished !
Thanks for a great product at a reasonable price !
I am very happy with the Methylsulfonylmethane ( MSM) I just received from bulksupplements.com !
On 1/15/2014 Bryan Burrell said...
- Great product, very fair price and fast shipping....what else would a buyer want?
On 12/21/2013 holden said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.