You have no items in your shopping cart.
Holiday Sale: Use Coupon Code CREATINE to Save 7%* off your Purchase.
- Eliminates Endotoxins
- Useful for Intense Physical Activity
- A Precursor to Arginine
L-Citrulline helps athletes to heal after large amounts of exercise in a similar fashion to Creatine, but does so without the negative side effects like bloating and cramps. Citrulline can be found in a lot of different foods including meats, milk, and rind of watermelon. It is also a precursor to Arginine. Arginine can then be used to expel Ammonia from the body and it helps to secrete certain hormones. Nitric oxide, a component used to help cells communicate with one another and a component which helps to relax blood vessels, is dependent upon the existence of Arginine in the body.
Health Benefits Provided by L-Citrulline
Citrulline can be used by athletes to increase performance and recovery by limiting the amount of ammonia accumulated in the body and by preventing the buildup of lactic acid. The nitric oxide produced by Citrulline is useful in helping to produce growth hormone, creatine, and insulin. This supplement is particularly useful for those involved in endurance exercises or any sort of intense physical activity.
Serving Size & Timing
This supplement should be taken in servings of 3,000mg to be consumed two times per day, one hour to forty five minutes before a workout. When taken along with Histidine and Beta Alanine, these three supplements can go on to create Carnosine, which further improves the effectiveness of production of nitric oxide. Those who are taking any amino acid as a supplement should also be aware that it is necessary to supplement other amino acids too, in order to maintain a necessary balance.
Supplement FactsServing size: 3000 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 3000mg (rounded 1 tsp) twice a day, or as directed by physician.
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
This supplement contains no fillers of any kind. This is the base form of Citrulline and has no other chemical groups attached to it.
L-Citrulline Side Effects
As long as suggested serving sizes are adhered to this supplement should be fine. It acts fast and is tolerated by even people with generally weak constitutions. However, those who have had liver or kidney problems in the past should not take any amino acids without talking to a doctor first; as well as any women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
This supplement has a sour flavor and dissolves fast in water. It may be mixed with water or juice and consumed that way. It should be stored in an area that is free from light, heat, and moisture.
- This is a great alternative to l-arginine because its easier on your stomach and you get a great pump at the gym. Buying it from bulk supplements is the best for prise and super fast shipping. I love this site...
On 12/17/2014 Adrian said...
- I have been adding this to my pre-workout shakes, with great results. My shake consists of beta-alanine/creatine/L-Carnitine followed by a taurine pill. Works great in getting the blood pumping for my late night workouts. This product is clean, sugarless and tasteless and I have yet to find it anywhere for a lower price.
On 12/5/2014 Michael said...
- I found the l-citrulline to be superior the the l-citrulline malate. There seems to be no difference in the absorption. I had more energy and a better pump. Also, I did not get the heartburn that I sometimes get with the l-citrulline malate.
On 9/15/2014 ERV said...
- L-Citrulline alone works better for me than L-Citrulline with DL-Malate 2:1. Next, I'll be trying the L-Citrulline with Histidine and then, later, with Beta Alanine to see what those two extras will produce. I have to really start working on my ED, and this is the way to begin.
On 9/11/2014 Stanley said...
The shipping was fast overall. The Citrulline actually is more potent than Arginine, so you get more of an effect. I take 3g-4g in orange juice as my preworkout around 30-45 minutes prior and I can tell that I am more vascular since I can see my veins showing after only my warm-up sets. It also increases my stamina and energy, so I can keep going.
My only complaint is that it is very tart. It isn't very terrible, but it'll give some people a surprise. I usually just mix it with a spoon in the glass of orange juice and it mixes pretty well (A bit left at the bottom, but not much) and then chug it.
I definitely recommend not only this product, but this company! I got a 500g bag and it'll last me for quite some time!
I was taking L-Arginine for awhile due to a doctor's recommendation for something other than my heart. The Arginine was from here was well, but was ordered through Amazon. I decided to come through here since they have free shipping and much, much more information on the products and I can choose the size.
On 8/27/2014 Andrew said...
- This works with 1 teaspoon Beet root powder, 1 teaspoon grape seed extract and 1 teaspoon citruline mixed in pure water twice a day and if you have ED this should change that!
On 8/6/2014 Ron said...
- Citrulline is an amino acid that our bodies convert to another amino acid called arginine, which is then converted to nitric oxide, a compound which relaxes blood vessels and stimulates blood flow to muscles and other pats of the male anatomy. (research it) It is also thought to reduce buildup of Lactic acid in muscles and thus reduce soreness and recovery time between workouts. In my opinion this effect is legit. It isn't hugely dramatic, but it does work. Like all Bulksupplements.com products that I've tried, this stuff is high quality and the cheapest I've found anywhere. Also, their customer service is great and shipping is crazy fast. As long as they keep doing business this way, I see no reason to buy from anywhere else.
On 7/25/2014 John Goold said...
- Just started using L-citrulline as one of my pre-workout ingredients! Absolutely love it! The taste isn't the best but it definitely aids in giving me an energy boost and making my muscles feel looser and not sore! It helps get rid of the excess ammonia in your body which contributes to muscle soreness. Highly recommend this product or citrulline/malate for those needing a pre-workout boost,
On 7/19/2014 Andrew said...
The main think I like about L-Citrulline powder is that it helps with my recovery time after workout. It is most noticeable after leg day. Before I started using L-Citrulline I was tremendously sore; since I've been using this the soreness factor has been cut in half (at least). Great buy.
I would certainly buy this again. Packaging was great; delivery time was acceptable.
On 6/22/2014 Dan said...
- I tried just a small dose 3mg + some malic acid I had on hand and noticed a pretty good response right away during my AM workout. I was distracted by something and realized I had doubled my reps for a given move w/o even thinking about it. So I think this stuff is pretty good.
On 4/27/2014 Trish said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.