You have no items in your shopping cart.
Hyaluronic Acid (Na Hyaluronate) Powder
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) is sometimes referred to as nature’s moisturizer due to its use as a bodily lubricant and the fact that it is one of the most hydrophilic naturally occurring molecules. It keeps the joints of the human body well lubricated so that in the event of heavy exercise, the bones do not begin rubbing together and causing damage to one another. Not only that, but Hyaluronic Acid also has an effect on the way injury is handled by the body. It is the presence of Hyaluronic Acid that stops painful joints from occurring. Low levels of HA will eventually cause joint pain if it is not supplemented.
Hyaluronic Acid is a necessary component of connective tissue and belongs to a protein family called Glycosaminoglycans. They help the body retain water when it needs it and keep the body moisturized which in turn aids the transport of molecules at a microscopic level all throughout the body.
The chief function that Hyaluronic Acid exists for, is to lubricate the body and act as a cushion against joint pressure by fortifying the cartilage that is present there. Far from being limited to the joints though, the lubricating power of Hyaluronic Acid is needed for the appropriate function of the heart; the tissue beneath the outer layer of skin where it is needed to keep these tissues connected together, and the eyes. And finally, HA possesses antioxidant properties, assisting in the body’s ability to protect itself from harmful free radicals. The appearance of the actual Hyaluronic Acid supplement is as a white powder that has no odor.
Health Benefits Provided By Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid can be taken orally in order to keep joints healthy and strong, or it can be applied directly to the skin as a topical moisturizer. It is found in a wide selection of different beauty products meant for the skin, and in these solutions it is meant to help improve skin elasticity on top of moisturizing the areas that it is applied to. It can also be found in some brands of makeup.
Serving Size & Timing
Hyaluronic Acid is meant to be taken in servings of 100mg two times a day. This product is meant to be measured with a weight scale that is accurate down to the milligram, as overdose is not a good idea.
Supplement FactsServing size: 100 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) 100mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 100mg (1/16 tsp) twice daily, or as directed by physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
Hyaluronic Acid Concentration
This Hyaluronic Acid is considered to be food grade and has no extra fillers of any kind. It contains at least 43% Glucuronic Acid and is meant to be kept in a place that is free from light, heat, and moisture.
Hyaluronic Acid Side Effects
There are no side effects for this supplement that have been recorded. Still, it is best to discuss the possibility of taking this supplement with a medical professional before beginning a course it just to be safe.
Hyaluronic Acid Solubility
Hyaluronic Acid may only be mixed with cold water, but it is important to note that it should never be dissolved in room temperature, warm, or hot water. It must be mixed in cold water only. It is not easily soluble in this cold water, but there are directions for making an easily consumable supplement here.
Hyaluronic Acid Solution Preparation
The following items are required for the preparation of a Hyaluronic Acid solution:
An accurate gram measuring scale that can measure up to two gram decimal spaces and has a capacity of 100 grams
About 3.56g Hyaluronic Acid supplement
12 fl oz distilled water
A resealable water bottle with a capacity of at least 16 fl oz, and a tight fitting seal
Pint glass or measuring cup
A large cooking thermometer that can measure freezing temperatures
First measure out 12 fl oz of the distilled water. Pour into water bottle, seal, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Using the thermometer, make sure that the water has reached a temperature at or below 39 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pour the Hyaluronic Acid powder on top of the cold water, seal the lid, and shake vigorously for a few seconds. Do not expect the Hyaluronic Acid powder to dissolve. It does not dissolve in cold water and doing this will cause clumps to form. This is what is supposed to happen.
Put the Hyaluronic Acid powder and cold water in the refrigerator once more, but do not allow the solution to freeze. Once the Hyaluronic Acid powder has been in the refrigerator for about 4 to 8 hours, the powder will begin to disperse throughout the water. Given up to 12 or 24 hours, the Hyaluronic Acid will have dissolved completely into the water and the viscosity of the resulting liquid will be somewhat similar to honey or synthetic maple syrup, however it should still pour out easily. You may now consume the solution. For purposes of internal use, the yield of actual Hyaluronic Acid per tablespoon of this mixture is about 150mg.
If the Hyaluronic Acid solution is prepared correctly it can be kept in the refrigerator and will stay good for at least 2 or 3 days time. Hyaluronic Acid may not be stored at room temperature unless preservatives are added to it to prevent bacterial contamination of the solution. If this does occur, then the liquid will lose its thick viscosity and will once again have the consistency of water. If over a period of time this does begin to occur, the effectiveness of the solution has been compromised and it should be thrown out. A new batch can be made in this container once the spoiled batch is discarded.
Preserving Your Hyaluronic Acid Mixture:
To make Hyaluronic Acid last longer than 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator, preservatives must be added to the distilled water before use. Preservatives that can improve the integrity of the overall solution include Ascorbic Acid and DMAE Bitartrate. For every 12 fl oz of distilled water, 6 grams of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) and 3 grams of DMAE Bitartrate should be added while the water is still at room temperature. Once these have both dissolved in the water, it is okay to chill the water in the refrigerator to 39 degrees Fahrenheit and then follow the rest of the above instructions as normal. If consumed internally this new solution will yield 150mg Hyaluronic Acid, 250mg Ascorbic Acid, and 125mg DMAE Bitartrate per tablespoon.
Hyaluronic Acid is a great supplement to take orally in order to improve the health of various connective tissues in the body as well as joint health. HA powder may be placed in the mouth directly and swallowed with water. It can also be mixed into juice or food and taken that way. However, by far the best method of consumption is detailed in the above instructions, as this will have the best results and improve rates of absorption.
Hyaluronic Acid powder may be applied directly to the skin in order to moisturize. For topical use, concentrations of Hyaluronic Acid of 1% and below are approved, but concentrations above 1% are not to be used.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- I bought this HA to make a skin care solution for my face. It did exactly what it was supposed to do--absorb water and hydrate my skin. Great stuff!
On 8/12/2014 Janet Schriever said...
- This was my first time using pure Hyaluronic Acid powder. I made a serum according to the instructions on this site. I've only used it for a week and can already see a significant difference in my skin. It looks much more hydrated, less fine lines and feels wonderfully smooth and soft. I will continue to use this product on my skin. I plan on also taking it internally. Highly recommend!
On 8/2/2014 Meeya F. said...
- Great product, We are an active couple since using Hyaluronic acid there is noticeably difference in our complexion and our joints feel great, we now add to the food for our 3 dogs food. We just got 4 family members to start using also.
On 7/27/2014 milton and debbie said...
- I purchased this product to make my own C,E, Ferulic Acid with Hyaluronic Acid serum. So far, so good. I'm really happy with the quality of the product, and I absolutely love how quickly the product(s) ordered are delivered.
On 6/24/2014 Kajuan said...
- I made a small mixture of DMAE with Vit C, then read about using hyaluronic acid so ordered and added that. I really liked the results but my daughter begged it from me so I'm making more. The skin feels great when using this and feels firmer. Thanks BulkSupplements for these great products.
On 6/3/2014 Margaret said...
- I diluted 1/2 tsp of Hyaluronic acid in 1/3 cup of water and placed it in the refrigerator where I keep it for freshness. A few hours later it was completely diluted. I use this clear serum on a clear face, neck, bust and arms before my lotion morning and night. I cannot see my saggy face around the chin and neck anymore after a period of about two weeks. Astounded? Yes, I am!
On 5/16/2014 Marlissa said...
- Shipment and communication is amazing with this company. First time using hyaluronic acid, followed the instructions given here and it gelled very fast, didn't need to wait hours to see the gel formed. Can't testify about the efficacy of the product yet, but will update once finished.
On 5/9/2014 Iraida said...
- I use hyaluronic acid as part of a program for joint and skin health as well as bone density. Have been using it for years and have tried many brands. After I followed the instructions on this website to dissolve it using cold water...I gave it a try. This stuff is awesome....I threw out the other brands that I had on hand...they are not even close.
On 4/18/2014 Charis said...
- Great product, quick service - so happy I found Bulk Supplements!
On 4/14/2014 Petunia said...
- I use this for beauty and skin purposes. Planning on using it in combination with ascorbic acid. Love the customer service at Bulk Supplements!
On 4/11/2014 Gena said...
There are many online forums describing how to add hyaluronic acid to skin creams and serums.
I wanted to make a nice serum to use as an underbase to apply before applying my regular moisturizer. Following instructions found online, I measured 120 ml of water (about a half cup) and then dissolved 1/2 teaspoonful of ascorbic acid (vitamin C powder) to use as a preservative. I put this into a clear glass bottle and then put it into the fridge overnight to make sure that the water became very cold. Never attempt to dissolve hyaluronic acid in warm water as it will just clump up badly and never dissolve.
The next day, I added 1/2 teaspoonful of pure hyaluronic acid powder to the bottle and shook very well. There was some clumping, but this was to be expected, as it takes about 24 hours to fully dissolve hyaluronic acid in water. I kept the mixture in the fridge and shook it every 4 to 6 hours or so to keep breaking up the clumps.
By the following day all of the hyaluronic acid clumps had dissolved very nicely and I was left with a nice smooth serum that feels lovely on my skin when I apply it. I apply my usual cream moisturizer on top. I can feel that my skin hydration levels are noticeably improved when I use this serum.
I keep the serum in the fridge and remove a bit at a time to keep in a dropper bottle to leave at room temperature in the bathroom so it's pretty convenient to use. The vitamin C keeps the serum preserved, but if the serum turns yellowish, it means that the serum has gone bad. The serum should stay fresh for a few days at room temperature, and fresh for about a month if kept in the fridge.
I am very happy with this product as my skin feels so much better and looks much smoother when I use this hyaluronic acid serum.
I ordered 10 g pure hyaluronic acid powder from BulkSupplements. I noticed that many expensive skin creams and serums contain this ingredient as it helps to keep water in the skin and helps reduce wrinkles when used topically. Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of human skin, but as we age the skin tends to have decreasing amounts.
On 4/1/2014 Sandra said...
Hence, the product is excellent but the instructions need improvement!
Impressed with the freshness of the products I have ordered. The Hyaluronic Acid is as you have described in the instructions which I have followed closely. I wish you had included instructions on how to dissolve it in a face cream preparation, after it became gel in the refrigerator.
On 3/18/2014 Marlissa said...
- Just finished using my Hyaluronic Acid with noticeable results. My joints feel better, and they are noticeably more flexible. I like this product!
On 3/17/2014 Collin said...
- I am very impressed with the quality of the product as well as the packaging, and customer service. I cant say enough good things about this company and its product line.
On 3/11/2014 Candace said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.