You have no items in your shopping cart.
Holy Basil Powder
Holy Basil powder originates from a plant primarily grown in India and other eastern countries. Known as an adaptogen, it is believed to contribute towards overall health and also serves as a culinary spice.
In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, Holy Basil is thought to support good mental function.
Serving Size & Timing
The suggested serving size for Holy Basil is 500 mg (scant ½ tsp) to be taken once or twice daily.
As with all supplements meant to promote a general well-being, it is important to note that a supplement such as this is by no means a substitute for legitimate medical advice. It is always best to talk to a doctor if you are experiencing problems with your health before taking a course.
Supplement FactsServing size: 500 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Holy Basil... 500mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 500 mg (scant 1/2 tsp) once or twice daily, or as directed by physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
|1 1/2 teaspoon||1500|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF HOLY BASIL
There are no fillers of any kind present in this food-grade solution. It is non-GMO, non-irradiated and vegan.
HOLY BASIL SIDE EFFECTS
There are no side effects associated with this supplement as long as suggested serving sizes are adhered to. Pregnant women and those who are nursing are not recommended to take this product.
Holy Basil has made a big difference for me. I have a relatively stressful job, am planning a wedding, and was honestly having anxiety much worse than I should have. I have found that Holy Basil makes a big impact and generally just improves my mood, health and general well-being. Highly recommend.*
On 3/28/2017 joshua said...
Makes a nice tasting tea. According to book < Adaptogens in Medical Herbalism > holy basil medicinal qualities: antimicrobial, adaptogenic, antidiabetic, hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, anticarcinogenic, radioprotective, immunomodulatory, neuroprotective, cardioprotective, etc.*
On 3/18/2017 mike said...
I am often stressed with too much to do. I read that taking Holy Basil might help me to feel more relaxed. For the past week I have added the powder to my morning green smoothie and I have felt less agitated even though I am preparing for the holidays ahead. The powder does not have any clumps in it and it mixes very quickly and easily into my drink. It does not have a strong flavor so I do not notice it. Some Holy Basil teas that I have tried have had a very strong aroma and taste that I could not tolerate.*
On 12/20/2016 Shirley said...
I have tried Holy Basil before, and liked it. But Bulk Supplement's Holy Basil is far superior to what I have tried previously.
It really helps my body get a full nights rest, and even if I only get 5 hours...it felt like I got 7 hours of really good sleep. I'm serious...this stuff is Amazing!*
On 12/4/2016 Brent said...
I mix this with tea every night before I go to bed. It makes me feel more relaxed, and I wake up less during the night. Works at least as well as melatonin.*
On 11/21/2016 William said...
I add 1 teaspoon to a cup of water and mix. The taste is not bad at all. This helps me go to sleep and stay asleep. *
On 9/8/2016 Helen said...
The following is a list of clinical trials, most double-blinded and placebo-controlled, recorded at the National Medical Library, MEDLINE, as abstracted by GreenMedInfo for holy basil:
1. Holy basil (Ocimum sanctum) significantly improves symptoms in Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
2. Holy basil leaf extract seems to have potential cognition-enhancing properties in humans.
3. Holy basil was found to be equally effective in reducing periodontal indices as chlorhexidine yet with no side effects.
4.Tulsi and turmeric offers a safe and efficacious combination of natural products available for symptomatic treatment of oral submucous fibrosis.
5. Tulsi has stood the test and is as effective as Chlorhexidine and Listerine in reducing the salivary S. mutans levels.
6. A methanolic extract of Tulsi leaves could decrease inflammation in the cardiac tissue of isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in rats.
7. A polyherbal formula [Ashwagandha, Green Tea, Holy Basil, Shilajit, Triphala] is comparable to the benzodiazepine drug alprazolam in reducing ethanol withdrawal-induced anxiety behavior.
8. Aloe vera, turmeric and holy basil suppress the adverse effects associated with maternal fluoride exposure.
9. Eugenol, an active component found within Ocimum sanctum (holy basil), is effective against Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
10. Holy basil (O. sanctum) ameliorates sciatic nerve transection-induced neuropathy in rats.
11. Holy basil (O. sanctum) has a protective effect against arsenic-induced toxicity in rats.
12. Holy basil (O. sanctum) has a radioprotective effect on radiation damage caused by high-dose 131 iodine exposure in mice.
13. Holy basil (O. sanctum) improves survival of mice exposed to radiation.
14. Holy basil (O. sanctum) prevents insulin resistance induced through a fructose-fed diet in rats.
15. Holy basil (O. sanctum) prevents oxidative damage due to radiation and oxidizing agents.
16. Holy basil (O. sanctum) protects against radiation injury through modulating glutathione and antioxidant enzymes.
17. Holy basil (Ocimum sanctum) and clove protects against bacterial colonization of the lungs with Klebsiella pneumonia.
18. Holy basil decreases T4 concentrations while improving antioxidant status in mice.
19. Holy basil has anti-melanoma and radioprotective properties.
20. Holy basil has significant anti-stress and antioxidant activity.
21. Holy basil possesses potent anti-ulcerogenic and ulcer-healing properties.
22. Inula racemosa, Boerhaavia diffusa and Ocimum sanctum (Holy Basil) exhibited antiperoxidative, hypoglycaemic and cortisol lowering activities.
23. Ocimum sanctum (syn. Holy Basil) protects against mercury induced toxicity in mice.
24. Root extracts holy basil exhibits anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activity.
25. Vitamin E, turmeric and holy basil has significant radioprotective effects against Radioiodine-131 exposure in mice.
26. This review is an attempt to assess the antimicrobial efficacy of plant extracts [Curry Leaves, Eucalyptus, Guava, Hibiscus sabdariffa, Holy Basil, Mangifera indica, Neem] on dental caries and plaque microorganisms.
27. An Aqueous extract of O. sanctum leaves was effective as an antiproliferative agent which caused apoptosis in oral cancer cell line.
28. An extract of holy basil significantly inhibited cell adhesion and invasion at nontoxic concentrations.
29. Apigenin could be a alternative to Oseltamivir and Zanamivir with improved predicted binding properties.
30. Application of Ocimum leaf extract under drought stress can be a promising strategy to mitigate drought stress in rice.
31. Holy basil (O. sanctum) contains compounds with cyclooxygenase enzyme (inflammation) inhibitory activity comparable to ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin.
32. Holy basil (O. sanctum) protects chromosomes from radiation-induced damage.
33. Holy basil blocks inflammation by inhibiting arachidonic acid metabolism.
34. Holy basil has anti-candidal activity and works synergistically with the drugs fluconazole and ketoconazole.
35. Holy basil protects against chemically-induced genotoxicity, oxidative stress, and imbalance in xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes.
36. Holy basil suppresses lung cancer cell growth.
37. Ocimum sanctum leaf extract demonstrated antimicrobial activity against microorganisms responsible for dental caries.
38. Tulsi extracts can effectively induce apoptosis in prostate cancer cells.
39. Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) possesses potential anticataract activity.*
On 9/2/2016 Stephen said...
Holy Basil is what is called an Adaptogenic Herbs - It and other herbs act to bring the body back in balance, increasing the body’s resistance to stress and adversity by non-specific, wide range of actions. The same herb may have a calming effect or energizing effect depending upon the condition of the body, and/or the amount of the herb taken. I tried this herb not in a tea but in a recipe I use I added a good measure of this herb to it and it tastes better than it ever has it tastes wonderful. I am trying to make my own curry and this certainly helps the taste and feeling while eating it.*
On 7/8/2016 Joan said...
Great Adaptogen! Great for overall health and adrenal support. Take every day with Maca, and Rhodiola. *
On 5/26/2016 Chris said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.