You have no items in your shopping cart.
Grapefruit Seed Extract Powder
- Powerful Antioxidant
- Prevent Contagious Diseases
- Fights Gastrointestinal Disorders
Grapefruit Seed Extract abbreviated to GSE, is a supplement which is known for its ability to act as an antioxidant. The seed of a grapefruit has components that make it up at a molecular level, including flavonoids (the chief source of the antioxidant properties that Grapefruit Seed Extract has), sources of Vitamin C and E, limonoids, sterols, citric acid, and various minerals. Flavonoids are particularly useful here because they are able to neutralize free radicals that roam throughout the body doing harm to healthy cells.
GSE came to prominence as a supplement during the eighties, when the existence of Proanthocyanidins became known to scientists and nutritionists. There are special types of flavonoids that are of significant use to the body because of their properties as antioxidants. This extract was first created by Jacob Harish, a German physicist and researcher who was using it in order to stop the growth of mold on various vegetables and fruits via organic means, rather than using inorganic compounds and chemicals. Not only has it been found useful for these means, it is now utilized by farmers in order to stop mold from becoming prevalent on machinery and tools. It is even used by makeup manufacturers to keep their products well preserved.
Health Benefits Provided By Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grapefruit Seed Extract is a multipurpose supplement that can help increase the general level of health in a person in a variety of ways through helping supplement daily values of Vitamin C, and E as well as helping to increase the amount of antioxidants in the body that fight off harmful chemicals.
Serving Size & Timing
The suggested serving size for Grapefruit Seed Extract powder is 250mg to be taken two times daily depending on intended effect. A serving of about 1/32tsp in size will equal about 87mg, so taking about 3/32tsp will yield just over 250mg total.
Supplement FactsServing size: 250 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Grapefruit Seed Extract 10:1...250mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten,corn and additives
As a dietary supplement, take 250mg (3/32 tsp) twice daily, preferably with a meal or a glass of water, or as directed by a physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
Grapefruit Seed Extract Powder Concentration
This Grapefruit Seed Extract powder is considered food grade. It is extracted at proportions of 10:1 meaning that for every ten parts of grapefruit seed that the supplement is extracted from; one part of extract actually comes out, thereby increasing the potency of the resulting supplement. It has no fillers of any kind and it comes in the form of a gray powder.
Grapefruit Seed Extract Powder Side Effects
As long as suggested serving size is adhered to, Grapefruit Seed Extract powder is perfectly safe to use. However, it is possible that this supplement can result in a host of unwanted drug interactions. While most effects will likely be minor, it is always best to talk about this supplement, or any supplement, with a doctor and obtain their opinion on it before use.
Grapefruit Seed Extract Powder Solubility
First and foremost, the two different supplements, Grapefruit Seed Extract and Grape Seed Extract should not be confused. One is derived from actual grapefruit whereas the other is sourced from red grapes. Grapefruit Seed Extract may be found under the name citrus seed extract or possibly as grapefruit extract. Most find it preferable to take grapefruit seed extract in capsule form as this will get rid of any possibility of experiencing the bitter taste of Grapefruit Seed Extract. However, to make it more acceptable for the taste buds, this powder may be mixed with fruit juices. While there is not much chance of this powder losing its potency fast, it is still best to make sure to store it in an area that is free from light, heat, or moisture; elements which may cause supplements to lose their potency.
1. Acetyl-l-carnitine, 1.0 gram
2. L-carnitine, 1.0 gram
3. L-citrulline dl-malate (2:1), 3.0 grams
4. Beta alanine, 3.0 grams
5. DMAE-bitartrate, 0.7 gram
6. Grape seed extract, 0.25 gram
7. L-glutamine, 1.0 gram
8. Pine Bark Extract, 0.15 gram
9. N-acetyl l-cysteine (NAC), 0.6 gram
10. N-acetyl l-tyrosine (NALT), 1.6 grams
11. Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM), 2.0 grams
12. Creatine monohydrate, 2.5 grams
13. Sublingual methylcobalamin, 500 mcg, (Jarrow's)
14. Calcium ascorbate, 2.5 grams, 250 mg elemental calcium, 2.25 grams ascorbate
15. Niacin (vitamin B-3), 0.045 gram
An occasional nootropic pre-workout stack (all BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.15) is as follows:
1. Green tea extract, 50% polyphenols, 0.5 gram
2. Green tea extract, 50% caffeine, 0.4 gram
3. Ginkgo biloba 24%, 0.2625 gram
4. Rhodiola rosea 3% salidrosides, 0.2 gram
The 1:00 PM mealtime stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $1.72) is as follows:
1. Curcumin 95% curcuminoids, 1.0 gram
2. Betaine HCL, 1.2 grams
3. Ascorbic acid powder, 2.0 grams
4. Biotin 1%, 1.0 gram (10000 mcg biotin)
5. DMAE-bitartrate, 0.7 gram
6. Grape seed extract, 0.25 gram
7. Pine bark extract, 0.5 gram
8. N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), 0.6 gram
9. Vitamin E powder, 0.56 gram (393.6 IU)
10. Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM), 3.0 grams
11. Ginkgo biloba 24%, 0.2625 gram
12. Milk thistle 80% silymarin, 0.25 gram
13. Quercetin Dihydrate, 0.25 gram
14. Rutin, 0.5 gram
15. Lutein 5%, 0.24 gram
16. Grapefruit Seed Extract (10:1), 0.25 gram
17. Beta Sitosterol 40% Phytosterols 90%, 1.0 gram
18. L-proline, 2.0 grams
19. L-lysine HCL, 0.68 gram
20. Vitamin D Powder, 0.092 gram (10,000 IU)
21. Pomegranate Extract 40% ellagic acid, 0.5 gram
22. Inositol, 0.6 gram
23. Choline-Bitartrate, 1.5 grams
24. N-N-Dimethylglycine HCL, 0.5 grams
25. Horsetail P.E. 7%, 0.44 gram
26. Hyaluronic acid, 0.05 gram
Additional supplements in decreasing order of importance taken with the 1:00 PM meal include:
1. Krill Oil, 1000 mg includes 400 mg phospholipids, 100 mg EPA, 55 mg DHA, 1 mg astaxanthin, (Dr. Mercola, $0.35)
2. Omega-3 fatty acids, 3600 mg includes 1200 mg EPA, 600 mg DHA, (Trader Joe's, $0.36)
3. Astaxanthin, 12 mg, (Nutrex Hawaii Bioastin Hawaiian Astaxanthin, $0.39)
4. Ubiquinol, 100 mg, (Trader Joe's, $0.36)
5. Resveratrol, 50 mg, other organic antioxidant extracts, 500 mg, (Dr. Mercola Purple Defense, $0.45)
6. Vitamin K, 1000 mcg K1 as phytonadione, 1000 mcg K2 as menaquinone-4, 200 mcg K2 as menaquinone-7, (Life Extension Super K with Advanced K2 Complex, $0.23)
7. Natural multivitamin, (Trader Joe's, $0.22)
8. Saw palmetto, 320 mg + 200 mcg Selenium, (Trader Joe's, $0.15)
9. Chlorella, organic broken cell wall, 1000 mg, (Dr. Mercola, $0.12)
10. Iodine, two drops daily, 5.5 mg iodine + iodide, (Lugol's, $0.017)
The nighttime stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.43) is as follows:
1. Magnesium citrate, 4.0 grams, 600 mg elemental magnesium
2. Potassium citrate, 6.0 grams, 2160 mg elemental potassium
3. Ascorbic acid, 3. grams
4. L-taurine, 1 gram
5. N-acetyl L-cysteine (NAC), 0.25 gram
6. Sublingual melatonin, 625 mcg, (Source Natural)
To avoid continuously opening and closing Ziploc bags and making multiple measurements, I mix up a one to two months supply of the stacks in large bottles and take a single tablespoon measurement from each:
1. Morning pre-workout stack: 1.99 tablespoons shaken in 16-24 ounces of spring water.
2. Occasional nootropic pre-workout stack: 0.20 tablespoon (0.59 teaspoon) mixed in with the morning stack.
3. 1:00 PM mealtime stack: 2.28 tablespoons shaken in 8-16 ounces of spring water.
4. Nighttime stack: 1.10 tablespoons shaken in 4-8 ounces of spring water. I use a flour sifter to thoroughly mix the supplement powders.
The following benefits of grapefruit seed extract are abstracted from MEDLINE (GreenMedInfo) of the National Medical Library. Each line is the title of a clinical trial, usually double-blinded and placebo-controlled:
1. Grapefruit seed extract has antifungal activity.
2. Grapefruit seed extract demonstrates potent anti-Candida activity.
3. Various plant flavonoids from Amaranth-seed extract, grapefruit-seed extract, capsaicin, etc. have gastroprotective effects.
4. Grapefruit seed extract is a safe and effective antimicrobial against gram-negative and gram-positive organisms.
5. Grapefruit seed extract is an effective alternative to proven topical antibacterial drugs.
6. A combination of Citricidal (grapefruit seed extract) and geranium oil showed the greatest antibacterial effects against MRSA.
7. Grapefruit seeds are effective in treating urinary tract infections.
8. Grapefruit Seed Extract is a Powerful in vitro Agent Against Motile and Cystic Forms of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato.
9. Grapefruit extract and juice reduces arterial blood pressure in vitro and in vivo.
10. Grapefruit seed extract is comparable to metformin in positively modulating blood lipid profiles and blood sugar.
11. Grapefruit seed extract positively modulates blood sugar, blood lipid profiles and indices of cardiovascular disease risk in a rat model of type 2 diabetes.
12. Grapefruit extract attenuates acute pancreatitis induced by ischemia/reperfusion in rats via antioxidative mechanisms.
13. Grape seed polyphenols and curcumin reduce genomic instability events in a transgenic mouse model for Alzheimer's disease.
14. Grapefruit seed extract may offer a safe and effective therapy for treating head lice in children.
The morning pre-workout stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.84) that I drink just before running five 50-second sprints is as follows:
On 1/5/2015 Stephen said...
- I add grapefruit seed extract to my energy drink. It is kind of brown but it taste good. Another winner for Bulk Supplements!
On 8/18/2014 Tootsie said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.