You have no items in your shopping cart.
Grapefruit Seed Extract Powder
Grapefruit Seed Extract is a supplement known for its ability to act as an antioxidant. The seed of a grapefruit has components that make it up at a molecular level, including flavonoids (the chief source of the antioxidant properties), sources of Vitamin C and E, limonoids, sterols, citric acid and various minerals.
Grapefruit Seed Extract is a multipurpose supplement that can help maintain one’s overall health by supplementing daily values of Vitamin C and E.
Serving Size & Timing
The suggested serving size for Grapefruit Seed Extract powder is 250mg to be taken two times daily, depending on intended effect. A serving of about 1/32 tsp in size will equal about 87mg, so taking about 3/32 tsp will yield just over 250mg total.
Supplement FactsServing size: 250 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Grapefruit Seed Extract 10:1...250mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten,corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 250mg (3/32 tsp) twice daily, preferably with a meal or a glass of water, or as directed by a physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT
This Grapefruit Seed Extract powder is considered food grade. It is extracted at proportions of 10:1. It has no fillers of any kind and comes in the form of a gray powder.
GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT SIDE EFFECTS
As long as suggested serving size is adhered to, Grapefruit Seed Extract powder is perfectly safe to use. However, it is possible that this supplement can result in a host of unwanted drug interactions. While most effects will likely be minor, it is always best to talk about this supplement, or any supplement, with a doctor and obtain their opinion on it before use.
Grapefruit Seed Extract and Grape Seed Extract should not be confused. One is derived from actual grapefruit, whereas the other is sourced from red grapes.
Most people find it preferable to take grapefruit seed extract in capsule form, as this will get rid of any bitter taste. However, to make it more palatable, this powder may be mixed with fruit juices. To avoid a loss of potency, it is best to make sure to store this product in an area that is free from light, heat or moisture.
I bought this to help rid a recurrent UTI. It has worked. I had tried many things - colloidal silver, lots of raw garlic, even d-mannose (which has worked before). The GSE did the job. It really doesn't taste bad. It's very fresh. MIxes poorly in water, clumps, but I stirred it to keep it suspended and then managed to drink it. I think it might be very refreshing mixed in seltzer. Like others I have a problem resealing the bag and have not come up with a solution except I may transfer it to a tightly capped jar. I took 1/2 tsp 3 times daily which is more than the instructions say. Good luck.*
On 10/6/2016 Penelope said...
It doesn’t cure anything but sure does help me, my cat, my garden and things around the house.I was very sick and got myself well by eating natural food and eliminating as many toxins in my house as possible. Thats where Grapefruit seed extract comes in.
Grapefruit seed extract has a wealth of health benefits. In alternate or natural medicine it is an extremely versatile antibacterial, antiviral, and anti fungal. You can apply it to anything. I mix the powder with plain filtered water. I either use it alone or with other stronger natural pest remedies. I have used it on me, my candida rash, my fresh cut fruit, my pets, my garden, my cooking area including cutting board, my house and just about anywhere
And the best part, It is all natural, it doesn’t have any additives as you will find in other products and it is easy to use.
Only one warning, if you apply it to your skin, it becomes very sticky after it drys and you have to wash it off. If you let it dry on you fingers they stick together. I think that is what makes it work so well.*
On 8/28/2016 Joan said...
What can I say? This product has more than met my greatest expectations! Not only do I like the bulk prices; I like the quality of the product and the choice of sizes offered. I am already experiencing great results from the Grapefruit Seed Extract. The packaging is just right for keeping the product fresh. I can also say that the shipping was fast. I have bought some other products from you via Amazon as well and will continue to use both your site and theirs when buying more products from you! Thanks for your great selection of products too. *
On 3/1/2016 Derek said...
As a healthcare professional of 15+ years, I'm not much for traditional medicine at all! As long as this product is around, I'll opt for this vs pharmaceutical poisons that rob the body!*
On 2/14/2016 Guy said...
I use it as part of a parasite cleanse and this is the best bang for your buck.*
On 12/2/2015 Robert R said...
This is a great product, this is my second order for gse,I had to order a larger bag. Would highly recommend. You need to check out all of it's health benefit. Thanks again BS.*
On 11/30/2015 deloris said...
Another great product from Bulk Supplements. It is a fine powder that mixes well with liquid and has a grapefruit taste. I am well satisfied, thanks!*
On 8/22/2015 Todd said...
The morning pre-workout stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.84) that I drink just before running five 50-second sprints is as follows:
1. Acetyl-l-carnitine, 1.0 gram
2. L-carnitine, 1.0 gram
3. L-citrulline dl-malate (2:1), 3.0 grams
4. Beta alanine, 3.0 grams
5. DMAE-bitartrate, 0.7 gram
6. Grape seed extract, 0.25 gram
7. L-glutamine, 1.0 gram
8. Pine Bark Extract, 0.15 gram
9. N-acetyl l-cysteine (NAC), 0.6 gram
10. N-acetyl l-tyrosine (NALT), 1.6 grams
11. Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM), 2.0 grams
12. Creatine monohydrate, 2.5 grams
13. Sublingual methylcobalamin, 500 mcg, (Jarrow's)
14. Calcium ascorbate, 2.5 grams, 250 mg elemental calcium, 2.25 grams ascorbate
15. Niacin (vitamin B-3), 0.045 gram
An occasional nootropic pre-workout stack (all BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.15) is as follows:
1. Green tea extract, 50% polyphenols, 0.5 gram
2. Green tea extract, 50% caffeine, 0.4 gram
3. Ginkgo biloba 24%, 0.2625 gram
4. Rhodiola rosea 3% salidrosides, 0.2 gram
The 1:00 PM mealtime stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $1.72) is as follows:
1. Curcumin 95% curcuminoids, 1.0 gram
2. Betaine HCL, 1.2 grams
3. Ascorbic acid powder, 2.0 grams
4. Biotin 1%, 1.0 gram (10000 mcg biotin)
5. DMAE-bitartrate, 0.7 gram
6. Grape seed extract, 0.25 gram
7. Pine bark extract, 0.5 gram
8. N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), 0.6 gram
9. Vitamin E powder, 0.56 gram (393.6 IU)
10. Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM), 3.0 grams
11. Ginkgo biloba 24%, 0.2625 gram
12. Milk thistle 80% silymarin, 0.25 gram
13. Quercetin Dihydrate, 0.25 gram
14. Rutin, 0.5 gram
15. Lutein 5%, 0.24 gram
16. Grapefruit Seed Extract (10:1), 0.25 gram
17. Beta Sitosterol 40% Phytosterols 90%, 1.0 gram
18. L-proline, 2.0 grams
19. L-lysine HCL, 0.68 gram
20. Vitamin D Powder, 0.092 gram (10,000 IU)
21. Pomegranate Extract 40% ellagic acid, 0.5 gram
22. Inositol, 0.6 gram
23. Choline-Bitartrate, 1.5 grams
24. N-N-Dimethylglycine HCL, 0.5 grams
25. Horsetail P.E. 7%, 0.44 gram
26. Hyaluronic acid, 0.05 gram
Additional supplements in decreasing order of importance taken with the 1:00 PM meal include:
1. Krill Oil, 1000 mg includes 400 mg phospholipids, 100 mg EPA, 55 mg DHA, 1 mg astaxanthin, (Dr. Mercola, $0.35)
2. Omega-3 fatty acids, 3600 mg includes 1200 mg EPA, 600 mg DHA, (Trader Joe's, $0.36)
3. Astaxanthin, 12 mg, (Nutrex Hawaii Bioastin Hawaiian Astaxanthin, $0.39)
4. Ubiquinol, 100 mg, (Trader Joe's, $0.36)
5. Resveratrol, 50 mg, other organic antioxidant extracts, 500 mg, (Dr. Mercola Purple Defense, $0.45)
6. Vitamin K, 1000 mcg K1 as phytonadione, 1000 mcg K2 as menaquinone-4, 200 mcg K2 as menaquinone-7, (Life Extension Super K with Advanced K2 Complex, $0.23)
7. Natural multivitamin, (Trader Joe's, $0.22)
8. Saw palmetto, 320 mg + 200 mcg Selenium, (Trader Joe's, $0.15)
9. Chlorella, organic broken cell wall, 1000 mg, (Dr. Mercola, $0.12)
10. Iodine, two drops daily, 5.5 mg iodine + iodide, (Lugol's, $0.017)
The nighttime stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.43) is as follows:
1. Magnesium citrate, 4.0 grams, 600 mg elemental magnesium
2. Potassium citrate, 6.0 grams, 2160 mg elemental potassium
3. Ascorbic acid, 3. grams
4. L-taurine, 1 gram
5. N-acetyl L-cysteine (NAC), 0.25 gram
6. Sublingual melatonin, 625 mcg, (Source Natural)
To avoid continuously opening and closing Ziploc bags and making multiple measurements, I mix up a one to two months supply of the stacks in large bottles and take a single tablespoon measurement from each:
1. Morning pre-workout stack: 1.99 tablespoons shaken in 16-24 ounces of spring water.
2. Occasional nootropic pre-workout stack: 0.20 tablespoon (0.59 teaspoon) mixed in with the morning stack.
3. 1:00 PM mealtime stack: 2.28 tablespoons shaken in 8-16 ounces of spring water.
4. Nighttime stack: 1.10 tablespoons shaken in 4-8 ounces of spring water. I use a flour sifter to thoroughly mix the supplement powders.
The following benefits of grapefruit seed extract are abstracted from MEDLINE (GreenMedInfo) of the National Medical Library. Each line is the title of a clinical trial, usually double-blinded and placebo-controlled:
1. Grapefruit seed extract has antifungal activity.
2. Grapefruit seed extract demonstrates potent anti-Candida activity.
3. Various plant flavonoids from Amaranth-seed extract, grapefruit-seed extract, capsaicin, etc. have gastroprotective effects.
4. Grapefruit seed extract is a safe and effective antimicrobial against gram-negative and gram-positive organisms.
5. Grapefruit seed extract is an effective alternative to proven topical antibacterial drugs.
6. A combination of Citricidal (grapefruit seed extract) and geranium oil showed the greatest antibacterial effects against MRSA.
7. Grapefruit seeds are effective in treating urinary tract infections.
8. Grapefruit Seed Extract is a Powerful in vitro Agent Against Motile and Cystic Forms of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato.
9. Grapefruit extract and juice reduces arterial blood pressure in vitro and in vivo.
10. Grapefruit seed extract is comparable to metformin in positively modulating blood lipid profiles and blood sugar.
11. Grapefruit seed extract positively modulates blood sugar, blood lipid profiles and indices of cardiovascular disease risk in a rat model of type 2 diabetes.
12. Grapefruit extract attenuates acute pancreatitis induced by ischemia/reperfusion in rats via antioxidative mechanisms.
13. Grape seed polyphenols and curcumin reduce genomic instability events in a transgenic mouse model for Alzheimer's disease.
14. Grapefruit seed extract may offer a safe and effective therapy for treating head lice in children.*
On 1/5/2015 Stephen said...
I add grapefruit seed extract to my energy drink. It is kind of brown but it taste good. Another winner for Bulk Supplements!*
On 8/18/2014 Tootsie said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.