You have no items in your shopping cart.
Holiday Sale: Use Coupon Code CREATINE to Save 7%* off your Purchase.
Curcumin 95% Natural Turmeric Extract Powder
- Neutralize Free Radical Molecules
- Natural Antiseptic And Antibacterial Agent
- A Natural Liver Detoxifier
Turmeric, while not typically associated with the spice that is derived from it, has actually been used popularly as a healing agent and as a condiment of sorts for many years.
Turmeric is usually found in Asian countries particularly in the southeast, as well as parts of India. It is part of the family that also contains cardamom and ginger root. The chief active ingredient in Turmeric is known as Curcumin which is itself, simply a mixture of various Phytonutrients which are referred to individually as Curcuminoids. These are what give Turmeric powder its distinct deep yellow coloring. Three of the most important Curcuminoids are found in Turmeric and provide strong antioxidant power, perfect for helping to neutralize free radicals, molecules which roam around the body harming healthy cells.
Health Benefits Provided By Curcumin (Turmeric Extract) Powder
Those that take on herbalist medicine disciplines as well as those interested in researching naturopathic remedies and health supplements agree that Curcumin has many health benefits. It has been utilized Chinese and Indian alternative medicine for many thousands of years.
Serving Size & Timing
Curcumin is to be taken in one dose of 1000mg per day, or less depending on intended effect. It should be taken along with water or a meal. 1000mg for this product is equal to a little less than one half teaspoon or a little more than three eighths of a teaspoon.
Supplement FactsServing size: 1000 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Curcumin/Turmeric Extract Powder 1000mg||*|
|Standardized to contain >95% Curcuminoids 950mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, corn, gluten and additives
As a dietary supplement, take 1000mg (scant 1/2 tsp) daily, or as directed by physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
Concentration of Curcumin (Turmeric Extract) Powder
This particular blend of Turmeric extract contains about 95% Curcuminoids which themselves are about 70-80% Curcumin, 15-25% Desmethoxycurcumin, and 2.5-6.5% Bisdemethoxycurcumin. Otherwise, there are no kinds of fillers whatsoever.
Curcumin (Turmeric Extract) Powder Side Effects
As long as the suggested serving size and daily values are adhered to there should be no adverse side effects experienced by anyone interested in taking this supplement. Those that have gastrointestinal disorders or otherwise sensitive stomachs, may experience a bit of stomach upset when first introducing Curcumin into their system, but this is not unexpected. Also, those that have a ginger allergy should speak with a medical professional before taking this supplement as the two are closely related. Anyone that is on any medication that attempts to treat high blood pressure or anyone with erratic blood sugar levels like diabetics, should exercise extreme caution before attempting to use this supplement. Those that have blood clotting problems or are on any blood thinning medication, along with pregnant women should avoid this supplement altogether as it may have an adverse reaction with the medication you are taking.
Curcumin (Turmeric Extract) Powder Bioavailability
Curcumin is a deep yellow-orange color in appearance and spicy in taste. While some sources recommend that it be taken on an empty stomach, and while it may be mixed well into heated water, the actual absorption of Curcumin works best when it has been cooked with oil such as olive or coconut oil, or even butter. This works out well in the end since its spiciness and vague ginger-like flavor make it a great seasoning for many dishes, especially basic ones such as white rice or other East Asian delicacies. It even works well when dissolved into hot tea, as a flavoring.
One trick that people forget about Curcumin is that it is best absorbed in a fatty solution. If cooking is impossible or you just want to try something new, there is one drink that has a fat content that is just right for bringing out the true flavor and effectiveness of Curcumin, especially if taking the maximum daily serving level. This liquid is hot coconut milk. By mixing Curcumin in with coconut milk, this allows it to be absorbed easily by the body, and it also provides a delicious alternative to water. It goes well when taken with especially fatty meals.
- I've been trying a bit of everything to relieve the symptoms from thyroid disease. For the first time in years, I was pain free, all swelling in face, hands, feet and belly had went away, I was able to fall asleep within a few minutes and actually stay asleep and cleared the brain fog. I ran out of curcumin and the symptoms started coming back. Since I was able to see what was helping me the most, I'll not run out of it again. I had tried other curcumin products but they never made such a noticeable difference in my health as the curcumin from Bulksupplements has.
On 12/15/2014 Victoria L. said...
- I've read online that this product is good for reducing the size of fatty tumors in dogs. So, I came to bulksupplements because 95% is very hard to find. I hope this product is a success, they say it takes several months for results. I put this directly on dog food and she dosen't mind the taste.
On 12/13/2014 KATHY said...
- I've tried turmeric from many different sources and IMO this is by far the freshest and highest quality. And as always shipping was quick and hassle free.
On 12/11/2014 CHARLES said...
Powder came is well sealed reusable pouch. Excellent quality. Color tells the quality. Just started taking it. Will update with results
On 12/6/2014 Hitendra said...
- This is a great supplement - I tried the above recommendation of blending with coconut oil and as blend in a drink. I recommend blending it directly into oil or food rather than into a drink as it does not blend easily. The vibrant color indicates it is just as stated....95% . Not all curcumin provides as much as this *does*. Wonderful!
On 10/2/2014 Martha said...
I take 1000 mg mixed in a smoothie or into a spoonful of peanut butter and the relief is amazing...and I definitely know when I forgot to take it!
No more prescription pain relief for these hands...
I have had many surgeries on my hands (repetitive motion injuries from too many years at a computer...) and they hurt most of the time...until I found this product.
On 9/17/2014 Nora said...
- Mi esposa tiene fibromialgia y este suplemento de extracto de curcumin es lo que hasta el momento -despues de probar muchos otros suplementos- que le ha aliviado de los multiples dolores que experiementa por su condicion , claro acompañado de una dieta saludable y balanceada surte aun mejor efecto , Gracias bulksupplements.com
On 9/3/2014 Jack said...
- It appears that their staff is highly efficient and reflects the quality of their products. I recommend adding curcumin to coconut oil heated to around 160 degrees to improve absorption. You can also add CoQ10 if you wish. This is a company going places.
On 8/26/2014 Gabe said...
- I use this for making my Liposomal Vitamin C and Curcumin combination mixture. The two seem to compliment each other well. I get all my supplements from BulkSupplements. I've found none better.
On 8/21/2014 Michael said...
- The packaging and delivery timeframe were perfect. The product appears to be of high quality. As another reviewer mentioned, the key ingredient is curcuminoid -- and Bulk Supplements' product has 95% curcuminoid concentrate (as opposed to other product that is made of tumeric root, that has a much lower curcuminoid content). I suggest opening the package and removing the powder over the sink, as the powder will stain (as expected).
On 7/12/2014 Richard said...
- I ordered this as I had never before seen a Tumeric product sporting a purity level as high as this. As other reviewers have mentioned this is a very high quality product. I use it to rid myself of various aches and pains and it does do the job. I feel completely comfortable recommending this product.
On 6/20/2014 John said...
- .Good packaging, good quality at a reasonable price. I recommend.
On 6/11/2014 damon said...
Lets start with taste. An important point when dealing with bulk powders. In my opinion the aftertaste is minimal. I put this into water sometimes and chug it with no problem (to be fair I've chugged some nasty crap over the years and I may have built a tolerance as a result). There is one catch to this stuff though. A big catch. It stains! I wish bulk would ship this in some sort of plastic container instead of the bag but its not that big of a deal. It's like Cheeto stains that wont go away!
First off, Curcumin (or curcuminoids) is one of the top 5 supplements everyone can benefit from. It's anti-inflammatory properties are well known but this supplement has a myriad of uses (digestive aide being another big one). I've been taking this product for years and years but this is the first time I've bought the powder. Curcumin is essential to your overall well being. Now to the product itself.
On 5/21/2014 Adam said...
- I have been using turmeric with sea salt and a bit of cayenne to make a seasoning mix for flavorful and healthy cooking and my family has started to copy this. I mixed your curcumin in this last batch and am VERY impressed with the quality. I could probably have used less because of it's purity but if you can use a scant 1/2 t daily it won't be too much. So for seasoning, I get flavor, possible tumor protection and other health benefits, minerals from the salt, metabolism help from cayenne and beautiful color in my food. I will be getting more of this. (Be careful of the staining when handling, though)
On 5/7/2014 Margaret said...
- I was taking regular turmeric. I wasn't seeing results even when taking with pepper to help with absorption. So I thought I'd try the 95% Curcumin powder. The color is bright orange just like it should be. The turmeric doesn't even compare. I've only been taking it for a few days so I can't comment on effectiveness, but I hoping to see better results. I'll review again after a few weeks.
On 5/6/2014 Leigh said...
I had a question on my order, I received a Certificate of Analysis, which was very helpful. After reviewing information, I think product is excellent.
On 4/14/2014 Howard said...
This is effective but I must mix it in blender to drink it, it is a spice.
I take curcumin for raynaud's syndrome. It seems to help my joints.
On 4/7/2014 Patricia said...
- I am very pleased with their product. Its cheaper and purer than others I have tried. I recommend this company. Fast shippers too. I will order again thru this site.
On 3/26/2014 James said...
- I have purchased and tested BulkSupplements.com's Curcumin 95% and found it to be of the highest quality. I am planning to use it on one of our anti-inflammatory products soon, and I can attest to the efficacy and purity of this product. I highly recommend it.
On 3/9/2014 Collin said...
MANY other companies have the Curcumin 95% prominently on their product however, when you read the ingredients you find that the product is mostly the cheaper tumeric root powder.
Tumeric root only has about 3-6% curcuminoids whereas Bulk Supplements is a 95% curcumimoid concentrate.
Most everyone should take Curcumin 95% even if perfectly healthy. Do the research!
My second order form BulkSupplements.com is perfect,as was the first order and I plan to be along time customer.
I just wanted to say BulkSupplements.com as the Best price and Best Curcumin 95% I've found.
On 2/22/2014 Levi Patrick said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.