You have no items in your shopping cart.
Cinnamon Bark Extract Powder
Cinnamon Bark powder extract is, as the name implies, extracted from cinnamon tree bark, specifically from the Cinnamomum wilsonii Gamble tree. It is also an antioxidant.
Cinnamon Extract contains catechins, or antioxidants that can also be commonly found in other healthy things like teas.
Serving Size & Timing
The recommended serving size for this supplement is anywhere between 650mg (1/4 teaspoon) to 1300mg (1/2 teaspoon) to be taken daily up to three times. Ideally, it should be taken with both a glass of water and a meal.
Supplement FactsServing size: 1350 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Cinnamon Bark 4:1 Extract 1350mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn or additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 675mg (1/4 tsp) to 1350mg (1/2 tsp) up to three times daily with meals, or as directed by physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF CINNAMON BARK EXTRACT
There are no fillers contained in this supplement. It is concentrated at a proportion of 4:1, meaning that for every four parts of raw Cinnamon Bark, one part of extract is taken out. It should be stored in an area that is free from sources of light, heat or moisture.
CINNAMON BARK EXTRACT SIDE EFFECTS
Provided the correct serving sizes are adhered to, this Cinnamon Bark extract is considered entirely safe. Cinnamon oil is something that is routinely found in common household cooking cinnamon, and in high levels, it can be dangerous and considered toxic. This supplement contains no such danger, as it is extracted from the water-soluble portions of Cinnamon Bark and contains none of the harmful oil present in regular cinnamon. However, it does have the same aroma and general flavor of kitchen quality cinnamon.
Cinnamon Bark extract blends well and pleasantly with hot tea, and can also be dissolved easily into room temperature water or juice. It adds a cinnamon flavor to whatever it is applied to.
I eat a lot of cinnamon, so I wanted to try this bulk version. It tastes great and mixes easily (better than regular cinnamon). It is now easy for me to get my daily 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon! Thank you Bulk Supplements!*
On 6/9/2016 Kathleen said...
I've tried other cinnamon bark capsules and these are the best.*
On 1/7/2016 Eileen said...
What can i say about Bulk Supplements that hasn't been said before. Quality products, great prices, super fast shipping & handling and outstanding online customer service that will promptly answer all your questions. i use this cinnamon bark in my morning smoothie to mask the flavors of other supplements I use and it tastes great. I use a vita mix blender, add water then toss in an apple, a banana, ( organic @ Aldi store ) then add a couple handfuls of frozen organic spinach & kale, chia seed, and flax,(Costco) . i blend this mixture a short time then add my other supplements and the cinnamon bark. It makes for a great tasting, healthy energy drink. I have a long list of bulk supplement powders i use every day in my 3 different drinks i make. My morning drink is my breakfast and the other two I sip on at work and I stay energized all day. So far so good. I feel great and i know my body is getting all the vitamins, minerals,amino acids and omega 3 fatty acids it needs to function properly. Thanks again bulk Supplements for another great shopping experience. *
On 1/5/2016 RICHARD said...
What can I say about Bulk Supplements that hasn't been said by all the other reviewers. Quality products reasonably priced, fast processing & shipping and best of all outstanding customer service. I have used the contact us at the bottom right of the screen several times and all my questions were answered promptly. I use the cinnamon bark in my morning smoothie to offset the taste of some of the other supplements and it works well, and I get the health benefits from it as well. I Use the vita mix and toss in an organic apple, a banana,( purchased at Aldi ), a handful of frozen organic spinach & kale , Chia seeds and flax, ( purchased at Costco ) mixed with my other Bulk Supplements powders and get a tasty, nutritious morning energy drink. Thanks again Bulk Supplements. *
On 1/5/2016 RICHARD said...
Very good quality Cinnamon, I am using it control blood sugar levels. Works really great. I will buy it again and again, thank you for shipping promptly.*
On 12/13/2015 Ravigopal said...
The following is a list of clinical trials, most double-blinded and placebo-controlled, recorded at the National Medical Library, MEDLINE, as abstracted by GreenMedInfo for cinnamon:
1. Cinnamon extract and/or cinnamon improves fasting blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes.
2. Cinnamomum zeylanicum has therapeutic activity in HIV-associated oral candidiasis.
3. Cinnamon significantly reduces the severity and duration of pain during menstruation, but this effect is less compared to that of Ibuprofen.
4. Cinnamon reduces insulin resistance parameters in polycystic ovary syndrome.
5. Cinnamon tea significantly decreased postprandial maximum glucose level in nondiabetic adults.
6. Ginger and cinnamon intake have positive effects on inflammation and muscle soreness induced by exercise in Iranian female athletes.
7. Kanuka honey was associated with a reduction in weight and improvements in lipid parameters and reduced systolic blood pressure in individuals with type 2 diabetes.
8. The administration of oral maoto granules to healthy adults with seasonal influenza was well tolerated and associated with equivalent clinical and virological efficacy to oseltamivir or zanamivir.
9. The herbal remedies examined [Cardamom, Cinnamon), Ginger, Saffron] had significantly beneficial effects on cholesterol in T2D patients.
10. The intake of 2g of cinnamon for 12 weeks significantly reduces the HbA1c, systolic and diastolic blood pressures among poorly controlled type 2 diabetes patients.
11. The Japanese multi-herbal formula known as gosha-jinki-gan could be a safe and effective potential therapeutic alternative in females with overactive bladder.
12. 2'-HCA [2'-hydroxycinnamaldehyde, a compound found in cinnamon,] potently suppressed the growth of mouse xenografts representing human leukemia or skin cancer.
13. Cinnamaldehyde and berberine have greater anti-diabetic efficacy than metformin.
14. Cinnamaldehyde protects from the hypertension associated with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
15. Cinnamaldehyde suppresses age-related inflammatory NF-kappaB activation.
16. Cinnamaldehyde suppresses AOM/DSS-induced inflammatory colon carcinogenesis by modulation of molecular markers of colorectal carcinogenesis.
17. Cinnamon (cassia form) inhibits atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions induced by mite antigen in mice.
18. Cinnamon (cassia) extract has significant effect on serum and liver urate levels.
19. Cinnamon and rhodiola have significant blood sugar lowering and antioxidant activity.
20. Cinnamon bark proanthocyanidins prevent the formation of advanced glycation endproducts.
21. Cinnamon contains cinnamaldehyde which confers dose-dependent, significant protection against alloxan-induced renal damage and hyperglycemia.
22. Cinnamon exhibits antidiabetic properties related to alpha-glucosidase inhibition.
23. Cinnamon extract ameliorates ionizing radiation-induced cellular injury in rats.
24. Cinnamon extract induces melanoma tumor cell death in an in vivo model.
25. Cinnamon extract inhibits the postprandial overproduction of apolipoprotein B48-containing lipoproteins in fructose-fed animals.
26. Cinnamon has antiviral activity against various influenza viruses.
27. Cinnamon improves insulin action via increasing glucose uptake in vivo, at least in part through enhancing the insulin-signaling pathway in skeletal muscle.
28. Cinnamon oil (cinnamaldehyde) has therapeutic activity against oral Candida infection.
29. Cinnamon oil has an antidiabetic effect in a type 2 diabetic mice experimental model.
30. Cinnamon reduces glucose, A1C and significantly improves blood lipid profiles.
31. Cinnamon reduces insulin resistance in an animal model.
32. Combined ginger and cinnamon have significant beneficial effects on the sperm viability, motility, and serum total testosterone, LH,FSH and serum antioxidants level.
33. Ginger and cinnamon extracts had potential therapeutic effects on G. lamblia infection in albino rats as a promising alternative therapy to the commonly used antigiardial drugs.
34. Oral administration of cinnamon powder may be beneficial in MS patients and that no other existing anti-MS therapies could be so economical and trouble free as this approach.
35. The traditional Japanese herbal formula Saiko-Keishi-To controls pain in trigeminal neuralgia in rats.
36. A botanical extract inhibits cell proliferation, induces apoptosis, and suppresses CCL5 in human endometriotic stromal cells.
37. A number of plant oil extracts [Cinnamon, Clove, Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Sage, Sandalwood, Thyme] inhibit multi-resistant strains of bacteria and yeast.
38. A polyphenol extracted from cinnamon increases insulin-dependent in vitro glucose metabolism 20-fold.
39. A variety of nutraceutical strategies [Chromium, Cinnamon, Cocoa, DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid), Fish Oil, Folic Acid, Genistein, Hops, Policosanol, Sesame Seeds, Vitamin D] hold promise in the prevention of Alzheimer disease.
40. Carvacrol, cinnamaldehyde, thymol, or oregano oil inhibit Clostridium perfringens in beef.
41. Cinnamic aldehyde, a compound found within cinnamon, exhibits anti-platelet properties.
42. Cinnamomum osmophloeum leaves increase adiponectin secretion and optimizes insulin action.
43. Cinnamon (cassia type) and Polygonum cuspidatum (source of resveratrol) demonstrated significant inhibition of xanthine oxidase indicating its potential use for the treatment of gout.
44. Cinnamon and Oregano, containing cinnamaldehyde and carvacrol, respectively, exhibit powerful antimicrobial activity against antibiotic-resistant strains of Campylobacter jejuni isolates.
45. Cinnamomum aromaticum (cassia) has a potentially toxic phytochemical known as coumarin, indicating the superior safety profile of Ceylon cinnamon (i.e. true cinnamon).
46. Cinnamon bark essential oil is effective against head lice.
47. Cinnamon bark extract suppresses osteoclastogenesis and inhibits bone resorption.
48. Cinnamon bark oil due to the strong activity could be used as an alternative antibacterial agent.
49. Cinnamon cassia and Cardiospermum halicacabum have significant anti-HIV activity.
50. Cinnamon extract inhibits tumor progression in melanoma.
51. Cinnamon has a potential role in the prevention of insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes.
52. Cinnamon has ideal antimicrobial properties for food preservation, confirming one of its traditional uses.
53. Cinnamon has the potential to be a useful add-on therapy in the discipline of integrative medicine in managing type 2 diabetes.
54. Cinnamon may protect the liver from acute alcohol-induced steatosis (fatty liver).
55. Cinnamon oil has antibacterial activity against Helicobacter pylori.
56. Cinnamon oil has antimicrobial effects against Staphylococcus epidermidis.
57. Cinnamon oil has significant antimicrobial activity against Legionella pneumophila.
58. Cinnamomum osmophloeum contains a compound, cinnamaldehyde, with powerful antibacterial activity against MRSA, and various other multi-drug resistant pathogens.
59. Cinnamon polyphenols may prevent brain damage following ischemic injury by inhibiting mitochondrial dysfunction.
60. Cinnamomum verum bark has the highest antimicrobial activity, particularly against antibiotic resistant strains, of 13 essential oils tested.
61. Cinnamon water possesses profound activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
62. Cinnamon, clove and cumin exhibit anti-MRSA properties, in vitro.
63. Cinnamon, Piperine & Resveratrol have significant anti-proliferative activity against colon cancer cells.
64. Clove and various types of Cinnamon have significant activity against Aspergillus niger.
65. Clove, Jamaican allspice and cinnamon have the most potent inhibitory effect on protein glycation of 24 herbs and spices tested.
66. Commentary on: Effects of Cinnamon Consumption on Glycemic Status, Lipid Profile and Body Composition in Type 2 Diabetic Patients.
67. Elderberry, green tea and cinnamon extracts rich in certain flavonoid compounds were shown to block HIV-1 entry and infection.
68. Gum arabic tree, Cinnamon, and Clove exhibit antimicrobial activity against multidrug resistant strains of E. Coli, Klebsiella and Candida.
69. Hydroxychalcone, a compound derived from cinnamon mimics the function of insulin in adipocytes.
70. Nutraceuticals derived from such spices as turmeric, red pepper, black pepper, licorice, clove, ginger, garlic, coriander, and cinnamon target inflammatory pathways, thereby preventing neurodegenerative diseases.
71. Proanthocyanidins are the major anti-diabetic components of cinnamon water extract.
72. Procyanidins extracted from Cinnamon demonstrate antiviral activity against SARS associated viruses.
73. Review of mosquito repellents using essential oils which have been found effective [Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender].
74. The cinnamon metabolite sodium benzoate may have a therapeutic role in multiple sclerosis.
75. This article presents a comprehensive analysis of the botanical, chemical, and pharmacological aspects of cinnamon [Alzheimer's Disease, Cancers: All, Diabetes Mellitus: Type 2, Gastric Ulcer, Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections, Gram-Positive Bacterial Infections, Angiogenesis Inhibitors, Anti-Bacterial Agents, Anticholesteremic Agents, Antifungal Agents, Antioxidants, Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Inhibitors].
76. Trans-cinnamaldehyde from Cinnamomum zeylanicum bark essential oil reduces the clindamycin resistance of Clostridium difficile in vitro.
77. Turmeric, Mint, Coriander, Garlic, Kalonji, Cinnamon and Cloves extracts had anti-staphylococcal activity.*
On 12/7/2015 Stephen said...
I use cinnamon every day and this was the purest brand I've tried, taste great and the price was right.*
On 11/23/2015 sally said...
One of the top traditional Chinese herbs. Extracted for safe high doses. Everyone should be using this stuff!*
On 11/23/2015 Lance said...
I love this cinnamon bark. This stuff is so pure, has a sweet taste and aroma, and contributes to an all-around great sense of well-being. Highly recommend.*
On 10/17/2015 Dominick said...
Delivered exactly as described. Will definitely order again. Bulk supplements, it's a pleasure doing business with you.*
On 6/15/2015 Gavin said...
My wife is a type 2 diabetic. Her blood sugar was as high as 300 even with two pharmaceutical drugs. She started taking Acetyl L- Carnitine ,Alpha Lipoic Acid and L Carnasine ,all from bulk supplements. Her blood sugar dropped to 127 . I ordered cinnamon bark extract and when she started taking it, her blood sugar went down to 76. Thank you Bulk Supplements.
On 5/17/2015 James L. said...
great flavor and great price. fast shipping. will order again*
On 5/12/2015 jeff said...
Tastes like real cinnamon, I have been using it in everything, especially in my smoothies. Will definitely be purchasing again.*
On 4/30/2015 Jennifer said...
I just started using Cinnamon Bark Extract Powder . I am please with the product, it dissolves well and isn't too strong.*
On 12/30/2014 Kathy said...
This is my 2nd order of the cinnamon bark. I mix it in with my coffee...mixes better with cream and hot stuff. Gives a unique flavor that is very good to me! I may try it in iced tea as well. I have read many reviews of this online where drinking the tea hot or cold helps lower blood sugar a bunch. I am a Type II diabetic; so that is very important to me. I've not been tested here lately, but I have begun losing weight again. Not sure exactly what is helping, but I know high blood sugar levels can make you gain weight. ;o( So, I am glad to be able to find this so inexpensive and that it taste so good! Not bitter to me at all. Tastes like cinnamon and I like cinnamon. So, my coffee is like the kind you get from Starbucks! But, it is even better for you. Thanks again for the great packaging and the speedy shipment. I will continue to use bulksupplements for my nutritional supplements. Probably add on more. Very pleased!!! Thanks again! *
On 12/4/2014 Virginia said...
I bought 1kg of cinnamon bark for the whole family after hearing about its health benefits. The powder is finely ground, smells and tastes great. No problems dissolving. I expected a stronger cinnamon taste, but its very light. I put it in my milk, cocoa, cinnamon toast, etc. Would purchase again.*
On 10/18/2014 Rowena Leung said...
I am my father, George Linton's, medical advocate and care provider. In a quest to reduce the amount of insulin shoots he was receiving due to diabetes, I sought out the Cinnamon Bark Extract Powder. Well, it has yielded amazing results. Since using this product, my father has required significantly less insulin shoots and his blood sugar has been more regularly hovering around an acceptable range. This was my second purchase of Cinnamon Bark Extract Powder and will continue to have it in my arsenal of naturopathic weaponry.*
On 9/20/2014 George & Juanita Linton said...
I am my father, George Linton's, medical advocate and care provider. In a quest to reduce the amount of insolin shoots he was recieving due to diabetes, I sought out the Cinnamon Bark Extract Powder. Well, it has yielded amazing results. Since using this product, my father has required signficantly less insolin shoots and his blood sugar has been more regularly hoovering around an acceptable range. This was my second purchase of Cinnamon Bark Extract Powder and will continue to have it in my arsenal of naturalpathic weaponary. *
On 9/20/2014 GEORGE & JUANITA LINTON said...
FINELY GROUND ...GREAT FLAVOR AND SMELL ...GREAT PRODUCT !!*
On 8/27/2014 RICHARD THONE said...
This is exactly what I have been looking for and I am very happy with my purchase. To me it doesn't taste exactly like cinnamon, but that doesn't bother me as I like the taste.*
On 7/26/2014 Brad said...
Really wondered what would be the difference and am extremely happy it is so finely ground. Wonderful*
On 2/4/2014 Melissa said...
This cinnamon powder does its job well. It is 4x concentrated as whole powder, and the benefits are water extracted! After taking a teaspoon a day, my fasting blood glucose went from 120 to 74 in 8 days. It has little smell of cinnamon, but it has a delicious sweet cinnamon taste that easily dissolves in drinks. I highly recommend this and will definitely purchase in a larger amount.*
On 1/18/2014 Crispin P said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.