You have no items in your shopping cart.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) Crystalized Powder
Vitamin C (or as it is known by its more technical term, Ascorbic Acid) is essential to all of life. Vitamin C is an important factor in many of the body’s various life-giving and life-maintaining functions including the successful operation of the immune system. Unfortunately, Vitamin C is not fat soluble (meaning it cannot be saved in the body’s fat content for later) and it is not something that the body naturally produces. This means that although it is an essential vitamin, it must be replenished every day in order for good health to be maintained. There is at least some Vitamin C content in all fruits and vegetables, though one particular type of fruit that seems to have a higher concentration is fruit in the citrus family. The orange is most closely associated with Vitamin C for this reason.
Taking into account the wide spectrum of the most common kinds of nutrients, Vitamin C always seems to be the most popular. When it is ingested, it instantly goes to work circulating through all of the watery areas of the human body (once it has been absorbed into the intestines, of course) and from there, helps in the fortification of Collagen while acting as an antioxidant during the trip. Vitamin C is routinely used as a food additive along with other kinds of antioxidants like Calcium salts, Sodium, and Potassium. It is for this reason that the traditional Vitamin C supplements that can be bought in stores contain not only Ascorbic Acid, but many other types of Ascorbates that fit a similar purpose.
Vitamin C also has a host of other general uses. It assists in the repair of damaged tissue, in keeping up healthy levels of Collagen; and in conjunction with equally essential insoluble compounds, such as Vitamin E. Vitamin C helps these become generally more effective at what they already accomplish for the body.
IS THE COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE VITAMIN C THE BIOACTIVE FORM L-ASCORBIC ACID?
There has been some concern due to shady business tactics from a variety of companies that the generally available forms of Vitamin C may not be as active as would generally be desired. Well, you should feel relieved to know that this is no longer a practice that is followed by any company. Worldwide, the stock of Vitamin C on all store shelves is the bioactive form L-Ascorbic Acid.
HEALTH BENEFITS PROVIDED BY ASCORBIC ACID POWDER
Vitamin C is most well known for its usefulness in conjunction with other enzymes and solutions. This widens the usefulness of Vitamin C considerably more from its already essential position. It is a necessary ingredient in the building of tissue, in the protection and fortification of the immune system, in Collagen strengthening, in the synthesizing of Carnitine (which is the first step in the process of cellular metabolism), and in helping to maintain bone and teeth structure. It also helps convert Tetrahydrofolic acid from Folacin.
Of course it should go without saying at this point that Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. Much like Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), Vitamin C is also useful in the neutralization of harmful free radical molecules, and it also helps to police any threatening activity that may be occurring in any of the watery parts of the body.
Not only does Vitamin C help in the fortification of Collagen, it is actually an essential building block of this type of protein tissue. Collagen can be found throughout all parts of the body and it is what controls our body’s level of flexibility to an extent, while also strengthening blood vessels, teeth, gums, cartilage, vertebrae, etc. Vitamin C is even essential in healing minor wounds and cuts through its Collagen production.
Vitamin C is an immune system stimulant and modulator. It does this by increasing production of leukocytes, and interferon which in themselves help defend against infection.
Serving Size & Timing
It is generally suggested that a person take about 1000mg (or one quarter of a teaspoon) daily, however personal preference in this regard seems to be erratic. The generally guideline provided by the FDA cautions against taking more than 60mg per day, but this in itself seems to be an exaggerated low. It is known that 60mg is a sufficient amount to take so that the person does not begin to suffer from deficiency; however, it is possible that this may not be enough to see the true healing powers of Vitamin C. According to one survey, in between 5 and 17 percent of adults have some kind of Vitamin C deficiency.
Taking the recommended dosage of Vitamin C daily is also necessary so that when tragedy occurs and mental or physical trauma of some kind is suffered, plasma levels in the body do not become too erratic.
Supplement FactsServing size: 1000 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid...1000mg||1667%|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Added sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, or additives
As a dietary supplement, take 1000mg (1/4 tsp) up to three times daily or as directed by a physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
CONCENTRATION OF ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C)
This particular type of Vitamin C contains no fillers and is completely pure.
ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) SIDE EFFECTS
Vitamin C is non-toxic and even in cases of extreme overdose well beyond the recommended daily dosage, negative side effects will rarely if ever be experienced. When these side effects do occur they are usually mild symptoms such as upset stomach or diarrhea. If you do experience these symptoms you merely need to lower your intake to less than 2,000mg daily and things will begin to level out.
If Vitamin C is taken at too high of a level, it could cause a reduction in Copper levels in the body while stimulating the absorption of iron. Therefore, anyone who has some kind of copper deficiency or any condition that causes iron deposits to form in their body should consult a doctor before Vitamin C is taken. In addition, pregnant women should not take more than 6,000mg Vitamin C daily or there is a chance that the child may develop scurvy in the womb. Of course no more than 2,000mg Vitamin C should be consumed daily, but if this cannot be adhered to it is especially important not to take more than 6,000mg.
BIOAVAILABILITY OF VITAMIN C
The reason that Vitamin C is routinely used as an additive in so many different foods is because of its remarkably high levels of bioavailability. Because Vitamin C is derived from citrus fruits, it maintains quite a sour taste even when in powder form, so it is best to mix it with a fruit juice of some sort before consumption. Another alternative to the powdered form are the readily available Ascorbic Acid capsules. Of course, food cannot always be trusted alone as a reliable source of Vitamin C, since it can be so easily lost while cooking or other types of food preparatory techniques. This is why the supplement is a much more practical source.
- Very happy with this product. I love that's it's pure. Mixes easily in drinks similar to lemon juice.
On 8/19/2014 Donna said...
- Use this in the A.M in my smoothie mix. Great and pure source of Vitamin C. I also use it in the the kitchen when baking bread. Great product from a great company! Deliveries are always fast and efficient.
On 8/18/2014 Cory said...
- immune system mega boost...
On 8/18/2014 Paul said...
- I love the vitamin C from bulk supplements. The quality is excellent and I couldn't be happier. Next time I'll get a bigger size.
On 8/12/2014 Marina said...
- I had a technical question about the source and production of the ascorbic acid powder. Bulk Supplements got the information back to me in less than 24 hours, plus documentation. This order, like all my previous ones, arrived promptly, and was both securely packed and accurately filled. For reliable quality, low cost, and high speed, they stand out even in a competitive market.
On 8/12/2014 John B. said...
- Much more powerful and sour than expected. Good stuff!
On 8/11/2014 Eddie said...
- I am totally impressed with the product quality & fast shipping! I bought Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) from other suppliers previously but by far, BulkSupplements.com offers the most affordable price, as well as for most of their other in-store products. I will definitely come back for more soon!
On 8/4/2014 Ashleigh said...
- I buy all my supplements from Bulk Supplement because they offer the best quality at the lowest prices. They also provide fast shipping.
On 7/20/2014 Michael Bowman said...
- Very fine powder, much finer than any other vitamin C powder I have purchased. It also tastes a bit better than other vitamin C powders I have used in the past. Overall I am very pleased as it seems like a top-notch product.
On 7/13/2014 Casey said...
- I have been taking Dr. Linus Pauling's blood pressure treatment for 1 year. I got off my blood pressure medicine and statin drugs for cholesterol in 6 weeks . I monitor my blood pressure daily and it stays within the normal range or below. The ascorbic acid came quickly and it is a pure superior product.
On 6/23/2014 Michael said...
- I received my delivery on time, I enjoyed the taste. I like the fact that this type of C, allowed me to do a C flush. Very satisfied with product because I have been using it for a couple of weeks.
On 6/9/2014 Russ said...
- Great quality and great value. Mix with a little apple juice for a tasty dose of Vitamin C.
On 6/9/2014 John said...
I make my own Vitamin C serum and when I made it with BulkSupplements powder, I can feel the difference from other vitamin C powder I've purchased prior from other sites. Excellent product to buy from this company.
This Vitamin C powder works!! The package is excellent and easy to reuse without a mess, Super Fast Shipping and the product is high quality!
On 5/14/2014 Momo57137 said...
- The shipping was amazing; the product came more quickly than the site stated it would. My order was for 5 kilos of vitamin C powder. Rather than the powder coming in one big bag it was in 5 easy to manage smaller bags, which was a pleasant surprise. My husband and I take large daily maintenance doses of vitamin C and this is the best price I've found for non-GMO ascorbic acid. Thank you so much!
On 4/29/2014 Stephanye said...
Easy to take, excellent sour taste. Packaging convenient and attractive. I love this product! Great as a dough conditioner, a nice addition to drinking water. Useful in chemistry as a weak, non-toxic acid.
On 4/26/2014 Evan said...
- I ordered this Vit C powder & was very very happy that it shipped so quickly! Thank you BulkSupplements.com!
On 4/23/2014 Deb Sisk said...
- Love this product it is easy to take and convienient.
On 4/15/2014 Jeanne said...
- Thank you for replacing the 2 packages that were damaged in my last order. I am very pleased with your product & will continue to order this item in the future
On 4/12/2014 Victor said...
- First, I greatly appreciate the amazingly quick shipping from this site. It was definitely a large plus! Second, my boyfriend was starting to have an itchy throat and he is quick to take store bought powders to for colds. Fortunately I received the Vitamin C quickly and he took it in some water. Within 24 hrs, his issue was gone. This Vitamin C is a genuinely wonderful product to have. Thank you so much!
On 3/25/2014 Damaris said...
- Finally I found very good price at Bulk supplement .com & this is very good products..Thank you
On 3/17/2014 Maywee said...
- Finally I found very good price at Bulk supplement .com & this is very good products..Thank you
On 3/17/2014 Maywee said...
- Fast shipping, they also got insurance for it. Powder seems OK.
On 3/9/2014 just said...
- A good Vitamin C source without fillers, you can instantly mix with anything, as a preservative, drinks, etc. I 'm funny with citrus fruit so this is not new to me, it taste just like that without the sweetness.
On 3/2/2014 Cesar said...
- So far, I'd have to rate the product at 5 stars. Price and product are excellent.
On 3/2/2014 K. Michael said...
- I have been taking this supplement for the last two weeks and it has been great!! I take 1 teaspoon twice a day and have not experienced any negative affects that I may have with regular Vitamin C. My mother was visiting and was complaining about a sore throat. Gave her a teaspoon in a glass of water and the soreness was gone the next day. Highly recommend this product
On 2/26/2014 Tyrone said...
This is my first order with "Bulk Supplements", and I'm very impressed with the packaging and quality of this product.
Thank you very much!
Wow! This Vitamin C taste very good - like lemon water. I really like having the powder and mixing with water.
On 1/8/2014 Sharon said...
- This is the first time I've used pure ascorbic acid powder, and I'll never go back to pills. I really like that I can control how much Vitamin C I take without having to consume any filler.
On 1/1/2014 Mark said...
- This Vit C is great. Pure and grainy like sugar. I tasted a bit of the powder without adding to my shake and it had a citrus taste.
On 3/11/2013 Marci said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.