You have no items in your shopping cart.
R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA) Powder
- Regulates Blood Sugar Level
- Universal Antioxidant
- Recycles Antioxidant Nutrients
Alpha-Lipoic Acid, sometimes referred to as R-ALA, is a powerful antioxidant that is naturally produced by the human body. It is instrumental in facilitating the transfer of the sugar glucose into consumable energy which can then be used as fuel for the body. R-ALA is simply a rearranged compound of the ALA variety and fatty acid that happens to be bioavailable while at the same time functioning as an essential antioxidant. This compound can be found not only in the body, but in many green vegetables and meat types.
In order to get things straight, it is important to note that the taxonomic chasm separating R-ALA from RS-ALA is a wide one. R-ALA is a more expensive alternative because it can be absorbed by the body much more easily than RS-ALA, and is also much more difficult to manufacture. Most ALA that is manufactured comes in the form of RS-ALA, with R-ALA taking up a much smaller percentage of production rates.
R-ALA can be found in various levels of availability in all organs and muscles within the human body and is fat soluble. After ALA is taken in the form of a supplement or enough is ingested via food, it enters the blood stream effortlessly, and is able to circulate through the brain as well. It is useful, when taken in conjunction with vitamin supplements such as Vitamin C and E, in the protection of cells and in expelling waste or other harmful materials out of the body.
Taking this into account, ALA also assists in recycling various other antioxidants such as Glutathione, the aforementioned Vitamins C, and E, and it even renews itself to an extent which has lead to its colorful nickname, “The universal antioxidant.” ALA helps speed up the process of creating energy from various proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
Glutathione, another important antioxidant that helps in the protection of the cellular structure, in preserving the effectiveness of the immune system, and in the detoxification of the liver, is increased in production levels by ALA. This is the only antioxidant that is known to have this effect on Glutathione levels. It is broken down before it has reached the cells, in the digestive tract, making ALA’s ability to boost the levels of Glutathione quite important.
Health Benefits Provided by Alpha Lipoic Acid
The Krebs cycle is the body’s process for turning sugars and carbohydrates into usable energy, and ALA is also instrumental in facilitating this process. Free radicals, molecules that have gone out of control and can cause damage to other cells while they circulate throughout the body, are neutralized by the healing power of ALA.
ALA is also known for helping in the regulation of levels of cholesterol, which in turn contributes to an overall feeling of well-being. ALA is also especially helpful for athletes because it’s free-radical-neutralizing properties helps in speeding up muscle recovery, which means longer exercising sessions and less pain felt during exercise. It is also useful in speeding up metabolism, and in delivering necessary nutrients as well as carbohydrates.
Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine, or ALCAR is another form of antioxidant which is naturally produced by the body. In conjunction with ALA, it is known to help to speed up brain functions and heighten mental acuity. For this reason they are usually found to be blended together in products. ALCAR and ALA together can help speed up the transfer of glucose to muscle greatly, and this blend can also help to increase the utilization of fatty acids and energy production at a cellular level.
These compounds come combined together in capsules at a level of 175mg of ALA and 425mg ALCAR respectively. Because the taste of ALA can be abrasive to the tongue, these products are generally found together in capsule form alone.
Serving Size & Timing
The correct size of each serving of ALA is 200 milligrams which is to be taken anywhere from one to three times a day depending on the intended effect. These should be taken without food since this supplement can already be found in certain foods. It is best not to take too much at once as it might cause levels of ALA to become imbalanced. Because meat is such a rich source of naturally derived ALA, this supplement is a great way for vegetarians to assist in their transition from eating meat.
Supplement FactsServing size: 200 milligrams
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|R-alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) 200mg||*|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 50mg (scant 1/32 tsp) to 200mg (3/32 tsp) one to three times daily, or as directed by a physician.
|US Standard Measuring Spoons|
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
Concentration of Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA)
This pharmaceutical grade of ALA has no extra additives in it of any kind.
Bioavailability of Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA)
While ALA is fat soluble on its own, because of the unpleasant taste associated with it, it is best to take it in capsule form or mixed in a shake/juice with an appropriate concentration of ALA and ALCAR combined.
- I've been taking Alpha Lipoic Acid for 10 years and was so happy to find the new form R-Alpha Lipoiic Acid in bulk -without fillers!! I just use the measurement printed on the package and put it in my shake or morning glass of water. Very happy with the price!
On 7/31/2014 Ilene Sherfy said...
- Pleased to find R-ALA with no additives. Well packaged in a tough airtight and waterproof zip seal bag, with an informative label. Shipped fast, too. More than satisfied to date with service and products from BulkSupplements.com.
On 5/16/2014 David said...
- Potent and effective, bearable taste, and no fillers. While the bag is small the doses are also small so this should last a while.
On 5/13/2014 Mark said...
- This is the finest quality Alpha Lipoic Acid, I have had. As a regular ALA user, I was purchasing from a major USA supplier. This ALA is far and above the best! It also came double bagged (no waste). I'm glad I switched my bulk supplier. In my past few orders I've saved over 70 dollars.
On 5/11/2014 robbin said...
- I was looking for an R ALA without fillers because I wanted to add it to my morning smoothie. I am glad I found bulksupplements.com as this is a great value and appears to work as well if not better than my prior capsule version. It dissolves right away also and does not have any aftertaste.
On 5/4/2014 Helen said...
- This product came fast. I noticed a difference the day I took it. It does have a taste of course, but I was able to cover the flavor (of it and other builk supplements I am taking) with cinnamon in my hot cereal.
On 4/30/2014 Marianne said...
- Great value can be mixed or easily put in gel-caps . I will be ordering more products soon the purity is hard to find.
On 4/20/2014 Danny said...
I really appreciate being able to buy this supplement in bulk. It is a great savings and I appreciate your company for providing this. The Alpha Lipoic Acid mixes well and arrived so quickly.
On 3/24/2014 mary said...
- Wow! I can't believe the value this company gives its customers. I'm new to Bulk Supplements and grateful to have their products. The Alpha Lipoic Acid powder is easy to take and mixes well. Mary
On 3/24/2014 mary said...
- I have taken Alpha Lipoic acid for a while in capsule form. I was excited to find it here at BulkSupplements in free form. Even more exciting is that they also have it in the R-Alpha Lipoic which the body process better. I really enjoy the supplements and recommend to anyone looking for a superior product!!!
On 3/5/2014 Tyrone said...
- I love this stuff. It is easy to mix in with my juices during the day so I find dosing to be quite hassle free. It dissolves right away and I can certainly tell a difference throughout the day with my energy levels. Superb quality :D
On 2/11/2014 Emily said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.