You have no items in your shopping cart.
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) Capsules
- 100% Pure ALCAR
- Performance & cognitive benefits
- Effectively crosses the blood-brain barrier
Acetyl-L-Carnitine Powder (sometimes shortened to ALCAR) is a type of L-Carnitine that has been acetylized. It is naturally produced in the body and is derived from the two essential amino acids, Methionine and Lysine.
Due to the association that ALCAR has with the specific acetyl group that it belongs to, it is known for the great variety of benefits it provides related to overall mental health. It is also an antioxidant.
Serving Size & Timing
ALCAR is to be taken in servings of one (1) capsule containing 600mg, taken anywhere from one to three times a day, depending on the intended effect.
Supplement FactsServing size: 1 Capsule
Serving per container: *
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
** Based on 2,000 calorie diet
Gelatin Capsule or Vegetarian Capsule
Sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, corn and additives.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule one to three times per day, or as directed by physician .
INGREDIENTS & FURTHER INFORMATION
ALCAR SIDE EFFECTS
This is a substance is considered safe when taken in the recommended doses. Any negative side effects that may result from consumption of ALCAR are unlikely. Of course, if serving sizes are not adhered to and overdose occurs, this can result in increased blood pressure, diarrhea, heart rate and fever. However, no side effects were encountered in any of the clinical tests done on the drug, not even for children. To be cautious, however, this drug is not to be used by anyone with a history of Epilepsy or seizure.
Due to varying import regulations, not all of our supplements are available to international customers. This product is restricted for sale in the following countries:
This is a great product that I was told about by my friend. I have used it for a week now and already see cutting results!*
On 8/28/2016 Noamon said...
Excellent product, easy ti swallow and fast shipping.*
On 8/2/2016 ken said...
I was very excited to find this product as it is pure ALCAR in capsule form. With just about every other brand you will find they will include additives like rice flour, titanium dioxide, and magnesium stearate. The quality is also very good, I have been taking ALCAR on and off for about 3 years and this is the best one I have found so far!*
On 7/24/2016 Dalton said...
I love this stuff! Life is better with 3-4 grams ALCAR every day. This is the best place to buy it, too. Cost is low due to no advertising and the product is pure and potent. Bulk Supps is the best.*
On 6/5/2016 Troy said...
I'm only a bit over a week into my supply, but 2x/day (morning and mid-afternoon) usage of ALCAR seems to provide more clarity and leaves me feeling more cognisant overall versus a comparable product from Onnit.*
On 5/12/2016 Jeremy said...
This is a great energy increasing and fat burning supplement. I highly recommend!*
On 5/1/2016 Connor said...
I noticed nothing from taking these. Reading others reviews I hoped they might help me feel more clear headed, or more energy. Maybe I just don't need L-carnitine. I do love this company and repeat buy other products.*
On 2/14/2016 mindy said...
Ive only been taking this supplement for a week, but I can already tell that I am more clear headed. I will definitely continue to take them.*
On 11/10/2015 alejandro said...
love this product this has been not the first time i have bought this product and i think i will continue to get it in the future. love shipping and the website also. great service followed by a great product. *
On 10/12/2015 mike t said...
Great physical and mental boost, especially when combined with BCAA. Definitely recommended.*
On 10/7/2015 Colin said...
This product seems to be more potent than expected and is packaged perfectly as no moisture ever made the product sticky which seems to happen with this product. The price is right and shipped to my door fast!*
On 9/18/2015 Eric said...
Shipping was extremely fast and packaged nicely as well. I use it to put in my own fat burner recipe as a main ingredient. It's scientifically proven to aid in fat burning.*
On 8/30/2015 Eric M said...
In this review about Acetyl L-Carnitine or ALCAR, in comparison with other supplements that I've tried, ALCAR works the best. In the first couple of weeks taking two to three capsules throughout the day before that morning workout. Just within the first couple of weeks I've notice that half of day and sometimes a whole day went by without food.
Great product Great results now second order.*
On 6/22/2015 alex said...
I ordered the product, and get it in fast. I am trying it out, and will see how it goes. I'm glad for finding this site, and the great deals they offer. I am sure I will be ordering more from here.*
On 6/4/2015 Keith said...
Up til now I was buying from other sources with a lower quality and higher prices.I am lucky to find this site.*
On 5/6/2015 alakesh mitra said...
I've been taking this supplement for the past 3 weeks and am impressed with the energy boost. I've been eating more, working out the same amount and losing weight. The only side effect I've noticed is it keeps you up if you take it late at night. I've noticed a difference in the intensity of my workouts, seem to be getting better the past few weeks. Inexpensive and effective.*
On 5/3/2015 Luther said...
Update 6/12/14: L-Carnitine is for the heart. Acetyl-L-Carnitine is for the brain. The acetyl group makes acetyl-l-carnitine much more water soluble and much more able to pass through the blood brain barrier. The main function of both carnitines is to transport long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria and metabolize them for energy production.
There are four so-called "mitochondrial targeting nutrients" necessary to crank up mitochondrial health and performance. These are:
3. alpha lipoic acid in a 100:1 ratio to biotin (50:1 if using R-fraction ALA),
4. Niacin (plus all the other B-vitamins, especially vitamin B-5).
I have been running HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) sprints for almost the last two years. I was running at the maximum recommended intensity of eight all-out sprints for 30 seconds three times a week.
About six months ago I received the first of the BulkSupplements materials including both l-carnitine and acetyl-l-carnitine. Soon I was running 50-second sprints, eight of them, seven days a week.
But a got sick three times early this year with bad colds, each one lasting over two weeks. I figured it was because I was exercising too hard, suppressing my immune system for too long. All that open-mouthed gasping can lead to a dry throat - and infection. So, I reduced to only five 50-second sprints seven days a week, breathing through my nose the entire time. What an improvement - no more colds. Then, timing myself with a watch, I was able to reduce the elapsed time in these sprints from 54 to 43 seconds (keeping the distance run the same). I can do this with or without caffeine. Whatever pains I had in my chest, or in my legs, no longer appear.
Stacks Updated 12/28/14:
The morning pre-workout stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.84) that I drink just before running five 50-second sprints is as follows:
1. Acetyl-l-carnitine, 1.0 gram
2. L-carnitine, 1.0 gram
3. L-citrulline dl-malate (2:1), 3.0 grams
4. Beta alanine, 3.0 grams
5. DMAE-bitartrate, 0.7 gram
6. Grape seed extract, 0.25 gram
7. L-glutamine, 1.0 gram
8. Pine Bark Extract, 0.15 gram
9. N-acetyl l-cysteine (NAC), 0.6 gram
10. N-acetyl l-tyrosine (NALT), 1.6 grams
11. Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM), 2.0 grams
12. Creatine monohydrate, 2.5 grams
13. Sublingual methylcobalamin, 500 mcg, (Jarrow's)
14. Calcium ascorbate, 2.5 grams, 250 mg elemental calcium, 2.25 grams ascorbate
15. Niacin (vitamin B-3), 0.045 gram
An occasional nootropic pre-workout stack (all BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.15) is as follows:
1. Green tea extract, 50% polyphenols, 0.5 gram
2. Green tea extract, 50% caffeine, 0.4 gram
3. Ginkgo biloba 24%, 0.2625 gram
4. Rhodiola rosea 3% salidrosides, 0.2 gram
The 1:00 PM mealtime stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $1.72) is as follows:
1. Curcumin 95% curcuminoids, 1.0 gram
2. Betaine HCL, 1.2 grams
3. Ascorbic acid powder, 2.0 grams
4. Biotin 1%, 1.0 gram (10000 mcg biotin)
5. DMAE-bitartrate, 0.7 gram
6. Grape seed extract, 0.25 gram
7. Pine bark extract, 0.5 gram
8. N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), 0.6 gram
9. Vitamin E powder, 0.56 gram (393.6 IU)
10. Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM), 3.0 grams
11. Ginkgo biloba 24%, 0.2625 gram
12. Milk thistle 80% silymarin, 0.25 gram
13. Quercetin Dihydrate, 0.25 gram
14. Rutin, 0.5 gram
15. Lutein 5%, 0.24 gram
16. Grapefruit Seed Extract (10:1), 0.25 gram
17. Beta Sitosterol 40% Phytosterols 90%, 1.0 gram
18. L-proline, 2.0 grams
19. L-lysine HCL, 0.68 gram
20. Vitamin D Powder, 0.092 gram (10,000 IU)
21. Pomegranate Extract 40% ellagic acid, 0.5 gram
22. Inositol, 0.6 gram
23. Choline-Bitartrate, 1.5 grams
24. N-N-Dimethylglycine HCL, 0.5 grams
25. Horsetail P.E. 7%, 0.44 gram
26. Hyaluronic acid, 0.05 gram
Additional supplements in decreasing order of importance taken with the 1:00 PM meal include:
1. Krill Oil, 1000 mg includes 400 mg phospholipids, 100 mg EPA, 55 mg DHA, 1 mg astaxanthin, (Dr. Mercola, $0.35)
2. Omega-3 fatty acids, 3600 mg includes 1200 mg EPA, 600 mg DHA, (Trader Joe's, $0.36)
3. Astaxanthin, 12 mg, (Nutrex Hawaii Bioastin Hawaiian Astaxanthin, $0.39)
4. Ubiquinol, 100 mg, (Trader Joe's, $0.36)
5. Resveratrol, 50 mg, other organic antioxidant extracts, 500 mg, (Dr. Mercola Purple Defense, $0.45)
6. Vitamin K, 1000 mcg K1 as phytonadione, 1000 mcg K2 as menaquinone-4, 200 mcg K2 as menaquinone-7, (Life Extension Super K with Advanced K2 Complex, $0.23)
7. Natural multivitamin, (Trader Joe's, $0.22)
8. Saw palmetto, 320 mg + 200 mcg Selenium, (Trader Joe's, $0.15)
9. Chlorella, organic broken cell wall, 1000 mg, (Dr. Mercola, $0.12)
10. Iodine, two drops daily, 5.5 mg iodine + iodide, (Lugol's, $0.017)
The nighttime stack (mostly BulkSupplements products in decreasing order of importance at a daily cost of $0.43) is as follows:
1. Magnesium citrate, 4.0 grams, 600 mg elemental magnesium
2. Potassium citrate, 6.0 grams, 2160 mg elemental potassium
3. Ascorbic acid, 3. grams
4. L-taurine, 1 gram
5. N-acetyl L-cysteine (NAC), 0.25 gram
6. Sublingual melatonin, 625 mcg, (Source Natural)
To avoid continuously opening and closing Ziploc bags and making multiple measurements, I mix up a one to two months supply of the stacks in large bottles and take a single tablespoon measurement from each:
1. Morning pre-workout stack: 1.99 tablespoons shaken in 16-24 ounces of spring water.
2. Occasional nootropic pre-workout stack: 0.20 tablespoon (0.59 teaspoon) mixed in with the morning stack.
3. 1:00 PM mealtime stack: 2.28 tablespoons shaken in 8-16 ounces of spring water.
4. Nighttime stack: 1.10 tablespoons shaken in 4-8 ounces of spring water. I use a flour sifter to thoroughly mix the supplement powders.*
On 1/5/2015 Stephen said...
I've been talking this for a few weeks and I can tell the difference in my energy level! Bulksupplements is the only place I get my supplement s from NOW! GREAT JOB GUYS!!!
On 12/13/2014 Susun said...
just get package in two days *
On 10/1/2014 qingsheng said...
just get package very quick after order*
On 10/1/2014 qingsheng said...
Just started taking these pills. I was glad to find out that they weren't huge like some pills. Easy to swallow and no taste.*
On 9/24/2014 Jennifer said...
I have peripheral neuropathy caused by diabetes. My legs used to hurt, especially when laying down. But since taking ALCAR the pain has gone away and I can sleep through the night. Great stuff!*
On 9/11/2014 Aspen said...
Finally its in capsules!!! The powder itself tasted pretty bad. Now its a perfect supp for weight loss stack.*
On 8/20/2014 Vladimir said...
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee of specific results and results can vary.